What's the word on the Tie Advanced?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Urrgok

Urrgok

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Hi all, new player on the forum. Looks like a great place to learn about the game. I got myself a Tie Advanced just recently, but haven't tried it out yet (been busy repainting it). Seems like it's not a very popular ship. What is there to say about it?

#2 Veldrin

Veldrin

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

It is overpriced.

There are ships better at any role you assign it in your fleet that are WAY more cost efficient.

Vader is the only viable pilot, and he is still expensive for a two attack dice ship.

For more info, use the search function at the top of the page.

Edited by Veldrin, 13 July 2014 - 11:14 AM.

• PhantomFO, AdmiralThrawn and admiralcrunch like this

Empire: 11 TIE Fighters, 6 TIE Interceptors, 3 TIE Bombers, 2 Firesprays, 2 TIE Adv., 1 Lambda, 2 TIE Phantoms, and 2 TIE Defenders

Rebel Alliance: 6 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95s, and 1 GR-75 Transport

Have a look at my X-Wing blog over at TeamCovenant

#3 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Rebel aces will help as a new proton missile is added, but most of us expect the tie avenger to come out with something that will improve advanced like aces improves the a-wing.

• Danthrax likes this

#4 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Vader is good. I really like him with Outmaneuver and Engine Upgrade. Maarek has good utility in Epic games vs the Huge ships.

• haslo, oneway, Audio Weasel and 1 other like this

#5 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

sw4script674.jpg

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#6 z0m4d

z0m4d

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

Some speculate a future Battle of Yavin package that includes a Y-Wing and TIE-Advanced repaints, upgrade cards, and a cost fix card like the Chaardan Retrofit (-2 cost but takes the missile slot, A-Wing only) that will come with the Rebel Aces pack this quarter. However, this may be nothing more than wishful thinking. There's been no official announcement to suggest a Battle of Yavin pack or TIE Advanced repaint is on the way.
  • Viceroy Bolda, Funkleton and Marinealver like this

#7 Arrow

Arrow

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Some speculate a future Battle of Yavin package that includes a Y-Wing and TIE-Advanced repaints, upgrade cards, and a cost fix card like the Chaardan Retrofit (-2 cost but takes the missile slot, A-Wing only) that will come with the Rebel Aces pack this quarter. However, this may be nothing more than wishful thinking. There's been no official announcement to suggest a Battle of Yavin pack or TIE Advanced repaint is on the way.

I'd love to see the TIE Advanced, Y-Wing and HWK-290 revamped in this way. As it now stands, the point cost to field one is too steep to strongly consider in any 100 point build.

#8 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

I don't think the HWK needs any fixes.  New pilots or upgrades don't hurt, but it's not a broken ship.  It's very cheap, and the 3 named pilots all have great abilities.

• stegocent, UnfairBanana and Mace Windu like this

REBEL SHIPS: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL SHIPS: 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 3 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s

#9 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yes, the HWK is cheap. But it requires soooo many upgrades to be worth using.  That being said I've seen it work well in Epic games

• Viceroy Bolda likes this

Rebels: 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 5 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors(1 Guard, 2 Saber, 1 Standard), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray, 1 Lambda

#10 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

The TIE Advanced still stinks. I've tried desperately to make it work, but for the points, I'd rather have anything else. Firespray comes in slightly more than Vader and lasts much longer. Phantom and Defender are more cost effective.

I hope the Advanced gets attention because it was worse than the A-Wing and much worse than the B-Wing (why did that need attention and not the Y-Wing?).

#11 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

The TIE Advanced still stinks. I've tried desperately to make it work, but for the points, I'd rather have anything else. Firespray comes in slightly more than Vader and lasts much longer. Phantom and Defender are more cost effective.

I hope the Advanced gets attention because it was worse than the A-Wing and much worse than the B-Wing (why did that need attention and not the Y-Wing?).

Oh please, let's open that can of worms again.
  • Red Castle likes this

It's not easy being green.

#12 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Oh please, let's open that can of worms again.

Figures... for the past few months, as soon as FFG doesn't give us some news for more than one week, a new thread appear saying that the Tie Advanced needs to be fix or that the B-Wing didn't need the Ace treatment, bonus point if it includes both...

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#13 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

Well, I would say that the two crew in the Rebel Aces pack were made more for the HWK than for the B-wing. I mean, the synergy between Kyle and Jan is great. Kyle is awesome while Jan is piloting, because Jan will be stressing every turn, so you will be trying to shed the stress every turn. And Jan works great with Kyle, since Kyle is the focus factory, so it gives him some additional versatility. I just don't see them being used on B-wings very much.

• admat likes this

#14 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well, I would say that the two crew in the Rebel Aces pack were made more for the HWK than for the B-wing. I mean, the synergy between Kyle and Jan is great. Kyle is awesome while Jan is piloting, because Jan will be stressing every turn, so you will be trying to shed the stress every turn. And Jan works great with Kyle, since Kyle is the focus factory, so it gives him some additional versatility. I just don't see them being used on B-wings very much.

I don't really see any crew being used on B-Wings, not just yet.

It's not easy being green.

#15 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

I don't really see any crew being used on B-Wings, not just yet.

Well, maybe in Epic, where you have a bit more points to play around with.

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#16 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Hi all, new player on the forum. Looks like a great place to learn about the game. I got myself a Tie Advanced just recently, but haven't tried it out yet (been busy repainting it). Seems like it's not a very popular ship. What is there to say about it?

Wait til August...

#17 Seanamal

Seanamal

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Generally it's overpriced for what you get. However Vader with Daredevil, proton rockets and an engine upgrade is arguably the most maneuverable ship in the game and packs a vicious punch and clocks in at 39 points.

• Rob Jedi likes this

Noli esse forum troglodytam, asinus hat!

Current fleet: 7 Ties, 4 tie interceptors, 2 tie advanced, 1 tie bomber, 1 tie phantom, 1 tie defender, 1 firespray, 1 lambda

5 x wings, 3 z95s, 2 a wings, 2 y wings, 1 b wing, 1 e wing, 1 hawk, 1 yt1300, 1 cr90, 1 transport

#18 Corellian Corvette

Corellian Corvette

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

Not these threads again!

Their back!
Noooooooo!
(Why do I keep reading them? :P )

A-wings, 2 E-Wings, 5 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90

"If everything already comes painted, why do I have an urge to re-paint it all still?"

"Green Squadron Reporting In!"

#19 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Yes, the HWK is cheap. But it requires soooo many upgrades to be worth using.  That being said I've seen it work well in Epic games

Yeah in Epic it will fill it's support role much better than in X-Wing, just because more ships can benefit from it.

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#20 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Wait til August...

What's happening in August?
  • Crabbok likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS