Down to the last (lucky) shot...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpdilloway

cpdilloway

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

Played for the first time in a long time last night and used a TIE Defender and 3 regular TIE Fighters against my opponent's X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, and Y-Wing. He had Wedge in the X-Wing, Tycho in the A-Wing, and generics for the other two. I used the most expensive Defender pilot (37 pts), Howlrunner, Mauler, and Backstabber IIRC. 

I got rid of the B-Wing first, with most of the damage coming from the Defender, although Howlrunner got the kill. Then I lost Mauler. The Y-Wing died next as the Defender finished it off. But then the dice turned on me and I lost both of my regular TIEs, leaving the Defender (no shields left) against the A-Wing (full shields) and Wedge (no shields, only 2 hull left). I did the 4 white k-turn and my opponent slightly messed up his movement and put Wedge in front of the A-Wing, but facing each other (and his rear facing the Defender). Range 1 to all ships.

I rolled 3 hits against Wedge with possibly a 4th if I spent the focus. If I spent it, he could not evade enough hits and would die, but it would leave my ship wide open...if I kept the token for defense, Wedge might live (although his pilot ability was knocked out by a crit, he was still dangerous) and I'd still be down 2 ships to 1. 

Hoping the best defense was a good offense, I spent the token and poof...there goes Wedge. YES! Next turn, work on that pesky A-Wing...

That left my Defender facing the A-Wing straight up...head-to-head...

He rolled his 3 dice, all 3 hits...

I roll my evade...one eye and the rest blanks...

Pop! there goes my Defender. :(

It was a fun game and I can't wait for the rematch.

#2 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

X-wing is the only game where you have just as much fun losing as you do winning.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS