Attacking with Biggs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Argyle Jedi

Argyle Jedi

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

I got a target lock on Wedge while Biggs was away from him.  Once they got within 1, I wanted to fire my proton torpedoes (from the Slave I) at Wedge.  My friend pointed out that since Biggs was nearby, the attack had to go to him.  Since I didn't have a lock on him, I couldn't perform that attack at all.  

I agreed, were I to use a primary attack, or one not married to a target lock.  But as the card says any attack that COULD target Biggs would automatically go to Biggs, this wouldn't apply.  I said that it would be ridiculous to cancel out/negate any attacks because of Biggs being nearby.  

My thought was that it applied to Biggs when you COULD target him, and since the proton torpedoes couldn't target him, they could still be fired on Wedge.

Clarification please?

#2 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

You must attack biggs or someone not within range 1 of him. If you are unable to fire a particular weapon at Biggs, then you must use a different weapon. So in your example, you would have to fire your primary weapon at Biggs (or not shoot at all) since the torps cannot target biggs w/o a lock.

• VanorDM likes this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#3 Smirrors

Smirrors

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Basically you must declare your target first before you choose which weapon to fire. Since Biggs in in range 1, you must declare him as your target. Biggs works very well to stuff up ordnance attacks as you found out.
  • VanorDM likes this

#4 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Biggs is a d*ck
  • TheMandalorianCandidate likes this

#5 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Biggs is a d*ck

Yeah! F*@& Biggs!

It is clarified in the FAQ that if you have more than one weapon available, you must use a weapon that can target Biggs if possible. So, if Biggs is around, you should target lock him instead.

• VanorDM likes this

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#6 Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Wedge Antilles/X-Wing + R3-A2 + Expose (35)
Luke Skywalker/X-Wing + R2-D2 + Draw Their Fire (33)
Biggs Darklighter/X-Wing + R2-F2 + Hull Upgrade (31)

Wedge get's a free attack die, Biggs doesn't have to worry about critical hits, and Luke has unlimited shields as long as Biggs is alive (thus able to focus on damage).  Biggs just needs to sit there, smile, and launch pot-shots at people while Wedge and Luke do the hard work.

#7 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

Volund Starfire, sorry to be that guy, but Expose on Wedge is a complete waste, since it costs an action and it doesn't improve the amount on hits compared to concentration or target lock, but the oppossite, it actually lowers your damage output, either at 3 and 4 shots. 

I would use the points differently for that build, but take my advice with a grain of salt since i have been playing only two weeks.

Wedge Antilles (33)
X-Wing (29), R2 Astromech (1), Push the Limit (3)

Luke Skywalker (37)
X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Draw Their Fire (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

Biggs Darklighter (30)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

R4 forces to atleast 3 shots before dying, and that's if there are no crits in there, which luke would catch like playing frisbee, while regen his shields with R2D2. Meanwhile, Wedge can target lock + concentration for maximum damage, and R2 to allow him to have a much easier time to remove stress tokens. 

Probably predator is better, since it works even when stressed or not able to make actions tho, but being able to target lock + concentration can recover even the worst rolls.

Cheers!

Edited by DreadStar, 14 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#8 Sideslip

Sideslip

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Volund Starfire, sorry to be that guy, but Expose on Wedge is a complete waste, since it costs an action and it doesn't improve the amount on hits compared to concentration or target lock, but the oppossite, it actually lowers your damage output, either at 3 and 4 shots. 

I would use the points differently for that build, but take my advice with a grain of salt since i have been playing only two weeks.

Wedge Antilles (33)
X-Wing (29), R2 Astromech (1), Push the Limit (3)

Luke Skywalker (37)
X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Draw Their Fire (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

Biggs Darklighter (30)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

R4 forces to atleast 3 shots before dying, and that's if there are no crits in there, which look would catch like playing frisbee, while regen his shields with R2D2. Meanwhile, Wedge can target lock + concentration for maximum damage, and R2 to allow him to have a much easier time to remove stress tokens. 

Probably predator is better, since it works even when stressed or not able to make actions tho, but being able to target lock + concentration can recover even the worst rolls.

Cheers!

I would put Predator on Wedge and Engine Upgrade on Luke instead of Shield Upgrade. You want Luke to be your last ship alive, and he is nearly unbeatable with R2-D2 and Engine.

#9 Buhallin

Buhallin

• Members
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Volund Starfire, sorry to be that guy, but Expose on Wedge is a complete waste

This is completely wrong.  Seriously.

Expose on ANYONE is a complete waste.

:ph34r:

• wilsonodk, eagle1361 and DreadStar like this

#10 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

I would put Predator on Wedge and Engine Upgrade on Luke instead of Shield Upgrade. You want Luke to be your last ship alive, and he is nearly unbeatable with R2-D2 and Engine.

Thanks, next game i will try that one out, it sounds good :D

About predator, yeah i think the same, but well, i don't own the card so i haven't been able to try it out in practice.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS