Lesser Known Rules

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Utsanomiko

Utsanomiko

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

If your template passes over an obstacle, you roll an Attack die and suffer damage on a hit.

If your ship stops on an obstacle, you roll an Attack die and suffer damage on a hit AND you lose your attack that round. It's under the section on Obstacles as I recall. I've double-checked it a few times as it's always been a fuzzy distinction for many people.

Huh. FOr whatever reason, I remembered it was lose an action, not lose an attack. Good to know.

Whoops, looks like I forgot to specify that. Yes, you lose your action too, same as with overlapping.

#62 Cremate

Cremate

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

That bombs and mines are not obstacles (especially when it comes to boosts, barrels rolls, and decloaking).

Just to elaborate a bit on that bomb/mine reference. Yes they are not obstacles so the rule stopping you from barrel rolling/ boosting onto them does not apply. The rules for Proximity Mine triggering used to also say that it only blew up if a ship executed a maneuver over it (which of course barrel roll/boost are not). It was changed in the last version or two of the F.A.Q. though so that now those actions will cause it to 'splode. 

Yes, exactly. Which makes it much more dangerous to attempt a barrel roll, boost, or de-cloak around a Proximity Mine than around an asteroid, as the latter would be an illegal move and allow you to do something else instead, whereas being in a tight spot next to a proximity mine require you to be quite good at eye-balling before attempting the action.

I love TIE bombers and though a loyal Imperial I know no better use of my bombers than to fence in Phantoms with mines.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS