• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#181 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Firstly what a thread!!! I apologise for my English counterpart but not all of us are Imperialist. (Good luck to Scotland if they vote to leave).

???

I think he's talking about a particular poster from the first page. Breakfast, anyone?
It's not easy being green.

#182 jpltanis

jpltanis

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I believe your observations are accurate.  The Tie Fighter has been out for a long time.  People that fly the Tie swarm really know their abilities inside and out.  We have mastered the different turns for keeping the squad together, plus many other tricks.

The Z-95 is still relatively new.  In time, people will also get better in using them, discovering and optimizing their capabilities.  Probably not to the point of the Ties, because there are many Tie pilots that one can choose for a squad.  The Z-95 only have 4 options currently.

Hi Guys.

Firstly what a thread!!! I apologise for my English counterpart but not all of us are Imperialist. (Good luck to Scotland if they vote to leave).  

As a question: Can you math-hammerers factor in player familiarity? I have found (in my experience) that I get better when I am familiar with a ship (or army in 40K). My win ratio improves and my effectiveness improves.

Also I tend to fly better if I "like" the ship and feel more comfortable with it therefore increasing its effectiveness. I find the HWK an effective ship in my list even though people (fellow wargamers where I play) disagree. If I pick a new ship (or 40k army) I will more often than not loose the first few games as I get used to the particular way of playing.  

Where I can agree and see the argument for Maths (USA: mathematics) even though I do not understand most of it (Social Science degree!!!!!), I will disregard this to fly what I like thus improving my win ratio and having a good time. I do not netlist and create my own unique units, that said vvv...

BTW I have run this zwarm with some success:

Blount + Assault missile + Swarm tactics

Cracken + clusters + swarm

3x Bandito's with concussion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS