Alien Ruins in the Calixis Sector

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Laoin

Laoin

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I don't think there are any hints about what was in those tombs. But as always: you can put whatever you want in those caverns.

Ancient automated defence systems or traps are absolutly ok. Things like that make an adventure more exciting. Lets say: they are the scifi version of our good old fantasy dungeons, where danger lurks behind each corner :-)

Concerning the Tyrant Star: My advise is - don't aim too high. Of course you can build up your story around sector shaking things like the Tyrant Star if you and your players like it. But they make a story very complex. And complexity is not always easy to handle in a roleplaying round.

Personally I don't like my akolytes solving all those ancient secrets of the sector. They are after all just very small henchmen of a sector spanning institution. So I let them find scraps of information about hideous secrets but more for the benefit of the dark and horror feeling of Warhammer 40k. The Tyrant Star stays an unexplicable horror.

But that's only my personal favorite approach to Dark Heresy. You must find your own :D

#22 Rosvo1

Rosvo1

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

The main reason why I'm doing this is that I've always been so captivated by the Tyrant Star.

The mystery of it has always fascinated me.

There's so many unanswered questions about it and nobody else in my gaming group is doing anything with it, so I might as well.

I fully admit that I'm probably overreaching here but damn it, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna fail in a blaze of glory.

#23 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

They purposely left a lot of unanswered questions with the Calaxis Sector's fluff because of that very reason.

Currently working on adapting the Stars Without Number faction system to Dark Heresy 2nd Edition.

I've made an expanded Divinations table for Dark Heresy Second Edition.Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#24 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

Rogue Trader supplements such as the Koronus Bestiary and the Game Master's Kit have details of Yu'vath constructs, warp-infused tech that act as automated defenses.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS