How do you sort/store your cards?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Not as in what kind of box, I'd like a consensus on how your sort and store them.

Do you keep all the cards from each set together? Do you combine all cards of a given sphere from all sets into master spheres sets? Some other system?

#2 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

I have all my player cards in a binder as inspired by the master of lore blog

Encounter cards I have separated by sets of 3 which keeps all the quests on an expansion together then they cycles together by AP1-3 then AP4-6 although I am considering reorganizing

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

binders. Everything is in numbered order, extension order. Once a card goes in the slot you never have to remove it.. if you ever need a card you know exactly where it is. 

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 McDog3

McDog3

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

I also use a binder to store the player cards.  I don't like doing a straight numerical order simply because it doesn't make much sense to me.  I organize the binder into spheres.  So each sphere would start off with page(s) for their respective heroes, then Ally pages, then Attachment pages, and finally Event pages.  Within that, they are organized roughly by release order but I don't pay too close attention to that, with this system it's very easy for me to know exactly where a card is without resorting to a memorization of numbers.

Encounter cards I have seperated by each encounter symbol.  I usually have my few recently played quests "queued" and ready to go but once i'm finished playing it for awhile I immediately break them apart into their individual sets again.  GeckoTH has some nice encounter set dividers over on boardgamegeek.com that I like to use.  

#5 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

All player cards are in a wooden insert in core box sorted by sheres and then allies, events and attachments. I keep all the encounter cards in their original boxes.

#6 Snowhive

Snowhive

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

I store the card in the Box. In the box is a wooden insert.

Here some older pictures. Now I have one box filled with player cards and 1 box filled with the adventure cards.

pic1893734_md.jpg

pic1893731_md.jpg

• shipwreck and Fippin like this

#7 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Heroes, expensive allies I don't use and neutral cards are in a binder. I haven't sorted through most of the player cards; just keeping them in four sphere-stacks in the core box with the rest. The quest decks are sorted in release order, not by set. I would like to sort them like Snowhive has. Are those dividers available on FFG's website or something? Have you printed them out and glued them onto cardboard?

#8 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

I'm very much looking forward to receiving this in the mail which I recently purchased, similar to what Snowhive has:

http://www.ebay.com....tm/121237519056
They don't however have that raised part to put a symbol like the dividers he has but still look like theyre gonna be pretty damn useful

Edited by PsychoRocka, 11 July 2014 - 03:08 AM.

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#9 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

I've considered something like this, and been asking myself whether I really need it... I'd also like more sleeves - sleeved Passage Through Mirkwood when I got the nightmare pack, as advised - and then went on to sleeve the entire core set, as I somehow found that less bothersome than removing the sleeves already used. I'm considering sleeving the whole cycle, but that leaves the question how many I need for Shadows of Mirkwood. Should be 60 cards per pack minus the player cards. Would 200 be enough?

#10 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:00 AM

i have a place where i store (or display) all my collection, all the encounter sets are in their packs, and the player cards are in the core set box. i sort them my sphere, then by type. and i of course put the copies together.

so if i want to build a deck with lore, and want events, its easy to find. i also tend to keep the core set cards at the bottom and progress up, so i can quickly find cards :D

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#11 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

So the majority keep the player cards sorted by sphere regardless of what adventure they came in. Good to know.

Thanks all.
  • richsabre likes this

#12 Ineti

Ineti

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

I'm in the process of organizing my cards. I have the four spheres separated out since I tend to play just one color in my decks (though I don't know what kind of deck I'll build if I do some solo play). I downloaded a set of tabs from boardgamegeek and am slowly printing and cutting those out to use with the sets that came with the core game and the deluxe expansions.

For the adventure packs, I discovered that the little boxes are just the right size to fit each adventure packs cards if they're sleeved. So I'm gradually sleeving everything, and leaving the adventure pack cards in their respective adventure pack. That way if I want to play, say, the Watcher in the Water, I can grab the little adventure box and whatever additional cards I need.

#13 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:02 AM

I sleeved the whole Mirkwood cycle yesterday. Warning to those who consider it: it now takes up about twice as much space in the box. But it does make it feel "new", somehow. I replayed Carrock; difficult without Loragorn!

#14 deeth82

deeth82

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

I always love reading how everyone stores their cards.  I'm a bit late to the LOTR party, but after a taste of gaming with the core set, I ended up purchasing the entire Mirkwood set + Khazad-Dum expansion, and just finally ended up sleeving all of them.  Right now I've got several Ultra Pro deck boxes inside the Core set box, but I'm thinking of putting them all in a tool box, of sorts.  I was very impressed with another poster here who had decorated a Hobby Lobby craft kit to hold their entire collection.  I wish I had the time or motivation for it, but for now they're all sleeved and in Ultra Pro deck boxes.  I'm trying to re-sort all of the Event cards to use dividers that keep them separate.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question, I keep all my spheres separate in [somewhat] color-coded deck boxes.  Right now I've got all the heroes for said spheres at the front of the boxes, and everything else is sort of shuffled in behind them.  Eventually I'll build the decks better and put more dividers in there to separate allies/events/attachments, but for now this will do just fine and saves me a lot of space.

"Death! Ride, ride to ruin and the world’s ending!”

#15 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

I just have those white cardboard card boxes. I sort all the player cards just by sphere and have a divider for each sphere. These take up about a 1-row card box right now. That's all I do for the player cards since I'm usually going through them a lot and mixing them up when trying to build decks. Organizing them any nicer for me would just be a nightmare after each deckbuilding session.

The encounter cards I have a 4-row card box and I keep each encounter set separated using GeckoTH's oustandingly nice dividers, which you can find here:

http://boardgamegeek...viders-vertical

This helps me grab out the correct encounter sets and set up each quest pretty quickly.

#16 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

i have a place where i store (or display) all my collection, 

The pool table right? 

• richsabre likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#17 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

i have a place where i store (or display) all my collection, 

The pool table right? 

ah, i have moved house since then and like all those poor Uruk Hai, that table fell victim to my axe :D

its now down by the fireplace (a fake fire, im not that stupid to keep £500+ of cards next to flames! :D)

Edited by richsabre, 17 July 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#18 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

that table fell victim to my axe :D

What?  You chopped up a pool table??  

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#19 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

that table fell victim to my axe :D

What?  You chopped up a pool table??  

couldnt take it with me :P ... it was only a cheap one

• Olorin93 likes this

#20 chiller087

chiller087

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

I store mine in long-boxes. Encounter cards are sleeved in black, quests in clear, in a 3-row box. Row 1 is Mirkwood + Dwarrowdelf. Row 2 is Against the Shadow + both Hobbits, and maybe Black Riders, can't remember. Row 3 is Ringmaker cycle, so there's hardly anything in there right now.

Player cards are in 2 separate long boxes. Each sphere is separate from the others, and sleeved in its own color, organized by unit, then attachment, then events, in alphabetical order.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS