Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4915

• CommissarFeesh likes this

#4 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'm also hoping that this will lead to additional sleeves in the near future.

What artwork would you like to see on future card sleeves?

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#5 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

What artwork would you like to see on future card sleeves?

The card backs :P

But also plenty of others would make lovely sleeves. The trickiest part I guess is deciding on cards that would look good vertically. I did see someone had made some custom sleeves based on the art for Sure Gamble - not the actual Sure Gamble art; rather he'd recreated the card backs that the woman on Sure Gamble is holding :P

I've seen a few people lament the lack of SMC as a sleeve.

Deja Vu or Datasucker could be nice. Probably a whole bunch of others.

#6 Dstinct

Dstinct

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

We'll never get card backs. The art sleeves can theoretically be used by any LCG or CCG, but the cardbacks narrow it down to pretty much Netrunner and thats not a lot of sales.

j

#7 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

We'll never get card backs. The art sleeves can theoretically be used by any LCG or CCG, but the cardbacks narrow it down to pretty much Netrunner and thats not a lot of sales.

j

I don't see why not. They made card sleeves for the LotR LCG that match the existing card backs. I love the card backs for Netrunner. The only reason why you don't see them with my decks is because tournaments require opaque sleeves.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#8 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

j

I don't see why not. They made card sleeves for the LotR LCG that match the existing card backs. I love the card backs for Netrunner. The only reason why you don't see them with my decks is because tournaments require opaque sleeves.

No they don't. Tournaments simply require sleeves. They only require opaque sleeves if you're using PoD cards (Promo or Draft cards) which have a slightly different hue.

#9 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

j

No they don't. Tournaments simply require sleeves. They only require opaque sleeves if you're using PoD cards (Promo or Draft cards) which have a slightly different hue.

Yes, I am aware of that. My decks have alt. art cards, so therefore my statement is true. Because of my decks, the tournament rules require me to have opaque sleeves.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#10 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

j

They could potentially be a tourney prize. That way FFG could have them printed and never worry about having excess stock.

#11 Dstinct

Dstinct

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

j

The card backs for the LotR LCG were pretty generic. I saw people using the Eye one on their MTG decks. That was either dumb luck or good planning on the designer's part. Other than Netrunner, what other games would want the card backs on them?

j

#12 Dstinct

Dstinct

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

j

They could potentially be a tourney prize. That way FFG could have them printed and never worry about having excess stock.

Card sleeves are way too expensive to do short runs on. Legion does custom printing oversees and their minimum order is 1100 pack of 50. Inked playmats does POD sleeves and they work out to about 45 cents a piece, plus you have to put a sleeve cover over them which makes them thicker.

j

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS