2 replies to this topic

#1 Mitya

Mitya

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hello, everyone!

I have couple of questions.

1. I play Targaryen and have in play Port at Slaver's Bay with text "Marshalling: Kneel Port at Slaver's Bay to lower the cost of the next attachment you play this phase by 1 (by 2 instead if it is an out-of-House attachment)." I have in hand King Robert's Chambers. May I lower the cost of King Robert's Chambers with Port at Slaver's Bay? I going to play Chambers as an attachment.

2. I play with Conquest Agenda and named Baratheon. I played King Robert's Chambers as an attachment. If it's discarded, would it gain prized 1 or prized 2?

#2 Vankata

Vankata

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

The chambers are locations so I don't think you can reduce them in this way. They have the ability to be attached to a house card and become attachment only at that point.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

1. Because the Chambers specifically say you can play them as attachments, it's not like they are entering play as locations and then becoming attachments. Therefore, you are able to use attachment reducers when you play them as attachments. If you look in the FAQ, there is a section on what happens when an action is initiated (which includes playing cards). The step for checking play restrictions, which comes before lowering costs, is where you would determine that you are playing an attachment.

2. When a card is attached to another card, it is considered to be an attachment only - regardless of the printed card type. So in a Conquest deck, a location card from the named House that is attached to another card when it leaves play would be considered an attachment (and thus have Prized 1) instead of a location (with Prized 2).

• Ratatoskr likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS