Three Tanks (Defender - BH - Defender)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uopo

uopo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Now that I received my wave IV shps, I'm trying to sort out a couple decent builds involving Defenders and Phantoms.

Yesterday night I gave Echo a first try and despite all the wrong manouvres (I made a terrible mess with cloack and decloack) I won against BBEZZ...maybe thanks to Howlrunner, 3 Ties and swarm tactics, joining Echo (VI+ACD) on the table.

As you can imagine, after giving Echo a chance, now I desperately want to try Defenders. I've came up with this build in order to see if three ships can stand in front of rebels. 

Naked Defender x2 (60)

Bounty Hunter + HLC (40)

No tactics or sophisticated manouvres. Just go straight in the middle of the field, then pass through your opponent's ships and take advantage with the white koiogran and the rear fire arc of the firespray. Could it work?

All critics are welcome (even the ones concerning my english...I'm italian).

DURA LEX, SED LEX

#2 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

I wasn't impressed with the Delta. PS1 is a genuine hindrance.

• DraconPyrothayan likes this
It's not easy being green.

#3 ExpatSmuggler

ExpatSmuggler

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Ciao uopo! Il tuo inglese è bene!

That looks like a decent build to me. I ran 2x Delta's with Stealth Device and a Bounty Hunter to good effect. The Delta's get a bit more defense from the 4 green dice. But I like the HLC on the Bounty Hunter, I will have to give it a try!

Imperial - 5 TIE Fighters, 3 Intercepters, 3 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda, 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber

Rebel - 4 X-Wings, 4 Z-95's, 3 E-Wings, 2 YT-1300's, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 HWK, 1 Rebel Transport

#4 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I would rather have the HLC on one of the Defenders. Of course he'll probably target it first. But I think you'll get more firing opputunity with it on a Defender. 75% of the shots I take with a FS are from its rear arc.

• Rakky Wistol and PS10 like this

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#5 kraedin

kraedin

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'd put the heavy laser cannon on a defender rather than a Firespray. The defender is much better at keeping targets in the primary during arc than the Firespray.

#6 X Wing Nut

X Wing Nut

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:19 AM

I found this fun

Bounty Hunter (33)

Onyx Squadron Pilot (32)

Colonel Vessery (35)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

killed a phantom 2 defender build good to joust with if you want to be lazy

but it went down in flames aginst IPM as most lists can

My lists are based on optimisim and my strategy is luck. Green dice are the enemy but I'm always flying casual

and Yoda help me, Marzaums and I now have a You Tube channel

https://www.youtube..../FlyCasualxwing

#7 uopo

uopo

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Thank you mates!

DURA LEX, SED LEX

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS