Activate Vipers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redripper

redripper

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Can someone, preferably without quoting the rules, explain activating vipers to me? I've read and tried to find some examples of people doing this step but I feel like I'm not getting something. It seems like as your action you can activate a viper, but I also feel like I'm reading the rules tell me I can activate as many vipers as are on the board. I doubt that I can move some vipers, attack with others, as many times as I want. I believe the one rule even states they can be activated as many times as you want. Doesn't that mean I can just keep on attacking something?

Not to sound rude about asking to not be quoted at, but I feel like I need a person explain this to me. By all means quote away if that does indeed help instead.

#2 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

"Activate" is sort of a misleading word.  Basically just think of an activation as an action point.  So when Lee uses his OPG to activate six vipers, what that really means is that he can do six things, distributed in any way across any number of unmanned vipers.  He can move six vipers once, or have a single viper attack six times, or launch a viper, move, attack, and move another viper two spaces and have it attack, whatever you want.

• redripper likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS