Legality of European cards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iloveMRT

iloveMRT

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

We all know that in Europe we have multilingual cards edition. I wonder if organizer of a tournament of the highest prestige like Regionals or Nationals is allowed to make restrictions about the cards language? In Europe we often travel abroad to participate in tournaments and many players have they native cards. In this case thy could feel crippled if the ruling banning their national cards in another country is possible. Is there any official ruling about it? 

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Some have tried, but they backed down. It's better for everyone if everyone can play.

#3 iloveMRT

iloveMRT

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Well I am in the middle of this type of situation at the moment that is why I hope maybe FFG make a statement to at least clarify the rules.

#4 Facilier

Facilier

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

I am of the opinion that no statement on the matter is required.

The official tournament rules are rather unambiguous on the subject: http://www.fantasyfl...ament Rules.pdf

"All Android: Netrunner cards produced by Fantasy Flight Games are legal for tournament play (unless banned)."

So... in the post-Tower of Babel world, let people play their cards. 

#5 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have heard that the polish distributor will drop and not produce new cards in polish? Is this correct?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS