Double of which big ship?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

Hold on!  Sometimes the plan with two YTs IS to run them into each other.  As for "maneuverability" the YT gets speed 1 turns vs. speed 3 on the Firespray and may not have as many greens but otherwise it is just as maneuverable.

#22 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

You're going to get a lot of people saying "Firespray" but double and triple shuttle is just finally catching on.  I'd still get a second firespray over shuttle for the moment (If I didn't already have access to them) if I was new to the game. 

#23 gundamv

gundamv

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Firespray also comes with Stealth Upgrade and Heavy Laser Cannon, both of which are very useful cards.

#24 AngryAngel

AngryAngel

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:08 PM

I think more Shuttles, as they are cheap ( point wise ), energy efficient ( as they don't move too fast and can even stop ) have lots of imagined leg room and really have some fun upgrade options. If they ever got a mod to let them turn even faster then pimped up engines, or a rear fire arc of some kind, I don't think I'd ever fly another ship. As is, now and again I have to feel the need for squint based speed.

Edited by AngryAngel, 09 July 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#25 gundamv

gundamv

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Would the release of the Wave 5 ships render any of the ships I mentioned obsolete or near-obsolete?

#26 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Would the release of the Wave 5 ships render any of the ships I mentioned obsolete or near-obsolete?

Bite your tongue!

It's not easy being green.

#27 gundamv

gundamv

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

I really want to know this.  If Wave 5 ships would likely render the ships I mentioned obsolete or near-obsolete, I would probably skip getting doubles and maybe get more of the Wave 5 stuff.

#28 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Hard to say without seeing more of the new stuff, but at this point I don't think so. The Firespray and Shuttle definitely aren't going anywhere. Dual Falcons might make way for Falcon/Outrider, but it's impossible to say for sure.

The Fleet

5 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 4 A-wings - 2 B-wings - 1 E-wing - 2 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 4 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 1 TIE Defender - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles

#29 AngryAngel

AngryAngel

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

I don't think the wave 5 ships fill the same niche roles as either of the imperials large ships, and the rebel one doesn't either.

The firespray is a durable, agile heavy hitter with the rear fire arc, however comes in at a medium point cost.

The shuttle is dirt cheap, but lacks speed and maneuvering, in its place gaining much room for improvement and an out of the box dirt cheap cost for solid, heavy tank stat line.

The decimator looks like a very high point cost but heavy hitting ship with a lot of room for upgrades and crew. So it sort of is a combination of the shuttle and firespray, however they all fill their own roles well.

#30 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

I REALLY want FFG to release Engine Upgrade on another release.  Its so... annoying that it only comes with the Flacon.  

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS