Double of which big ship?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 gundamv

gundamv

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Assuming that I now have one each of the Falcon, the Firespray, and the Shuttle, and supposing that I could add an extra copy of one of the three ships, which one should I get doubles of?

The Falcon

The Firespray

The Shuttle

None of the above

#2 Jolleyone

Jolleyone

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

FIRESPRAY

#3 Jolleyone

Jolleyone

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:37 AM

and then another Firespray

• Rakky Wistol likes this

#4 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:04 AM

Whatever you need......   No need to buy a ship you don't need for the sake of general collection

• haslo and mr.thomasschmidt like this
Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#5 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

Two CR-90s...  just because they are cool looking.. those other ships are Medium ships anyway..lol 

• haslo and MajorJuggler like this

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#6 Elkerlyc

Elkerlyc

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Why is this even a question?

-> Firespray!

History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.

#7 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

VT-49.

You know you want to.

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread

#8 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Firespray.  2 x BH is a great foundation for a list.  Add a Shuttle, or TIEs, or Interceptors to taste, or upgrade to Firespray named pilots and pimp out with whatever upgrades you like...

• Vorpal Sword likes this

Bacon for breakfast, bacon for tea; bacon for you, bacon for me.

#9 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

There are lots of fun ways to put two Firesprays in a list, so I'd lean heavily in that direction.

Edited by Vorpal Sword, 09 July 2014 - 06:20 AM.

#10 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

Firespray ftw!
Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#11 RookiePilot

RookiePilot

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

I use engine upgrades more than stealth devices, so I'd go with another YT-1300. No Named X-Wing should have to do without boost.

But both double Firespray and double YT-1300 lists are reasonable, so you can't really go wrong.

No matter how much players rave about the Shuttle, I've never been willing to try more than one at a time in a squad.

#12 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

Shuttle has some great upgrades, and two of them in Epic play has worked very well for me. They're slow-moving strafing workhorses with 10 HP for 21 points (OGP) who rarely get focused on in the beginning. They're also the cheapest Ion Cannon platform the Imperials have at 24 points.

#13 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Firespray, though for me there is only 1 Falcon.
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#14 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Firespray, because even though dual "Falcon" is a fun list and can still be effective, I think the Dual Firespray lists are more varied and versatile.
Also, once the Outrider comes out, I doubt people will want to run Dual falcons as much as a Falcon/Outrider combo.
A good thing at this point about a second Falcon is more Engine upgrades..but you rarely need more than 2 of those in a list anyways.
Be seeing you.

#15 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Not the Falcon.

I have two Firesprays and 2 Shuttles. Both are easy to fit into a good list, while 2 Falcons requires a Dual Falcon List or ORSs. I would go with Firespray 2 first, as it gives you an extra gunner, an Extra VI, and double Bounty hunter is great fun.
  • haslo likes this

#16 Plainsman

Plainsman

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

I just did this purchase last week! YT-1300!!! I needed cards from it! VI, EU, etc!
Plainsman :) plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com
Imperials: Ties x 5, Interceptors x 5, Advanced x 1, Bomber x 6, Defender x 2, Firespray x 1, Shuttle x 1, VT49 x 2, Phantoms x 5,
Rebels: XWings x 4, YWings x 2, BWing x 3, AWing x 3, EWing x 2, Z95 x 5, YT1300 x 2, YT2400 x 2, HWK290 x 2,
GR75 x 1, CR90 x 1

#17 Rambler

Rambler

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Due yourself a huge favor and just get a Firespray.

#18 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Any of them depending on what you want to do with it.

Of course you rarely see two or more YT's used but they can certainly make "different" squadron.  Shield, and more importantly Engine, Upgrades are also useful other places.

I'd venture that you see more double Firespray builds than any of the others.  They are that good and the Stealth Device is a popular upgrade that you may want on many ships.

The Shuttle is the easiest to field in multiples because it is the cheapest but it may also be the hardest to learn how to fly.  Furthermore, to make the most of multiples you often want the upgrades found on other ships.  If you can fit it there are many ways to put two Shuttles in a squadron and having more Advanced Sensors seems to be popular.

#19 executor

executor

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

firespray for sure

dual firespray lists are forces to be reckoned with and the extra stealth devices will surely come in handy more than engine upgrades will

shuttle is also a viable option as it has few single upgrade cards that are only available to it and i've seen the shuttle used very effectively in pairs and even triples

though i myself will never own more than one shuttle.. i proudly own 3 firesprays

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 6 A-wings, 4 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders, 1 VT-49 Decimator

#20 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

With no doubt Firespray-31, YT-1300 and Lambda Class shuttle are too dificult to manouver and with two are colide too much and sometimes one is get too much far away from battle left you with only one, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS