Missing Creatures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thindaraiel

Thindaraiel

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

I've taken the list of all the components published so far to extract the list of all the creatures and monsters provided to the GMs. Then I compared it to the bestiary from Warhammer Battle to find out which monsters are missing in the RPG. I do not take into account the carrier/specialities/levels of the creatures (for instance, a saurus warrior or a temple guard are both saurus), nor named characters. This list does not take into account old alternative lists (for instance Undead Pirates of the Vampire Coast list proposed a sort of Kraken-like creature) nor Forgeworld publications (Monster Arcana amongst others). Here is this list, sorted by creature family rather than the groups they should appear in:

Bat-likes: Fell bat, Vargheist, Varghulf, Terrorgheist
Beastmen: Centigor, Cygor
Birds: Carrion, Warhawk, Great Eagle, Phoenix
Boars: Tuskgor, Razorgor
Canines: Chaos hound, Dire wolf
Mutant creatures: Demygriph, Gorebeast, Chimera, Jabberslythe, Mutalith, Slaughterbrute
Constructs: Giant snake statue, Ushabti, Sepulcral Stalker, Warsphinx, NecroSphinx
Daemons: Daemonic mount, Soul Grinder
Felines: Chrace lion, Sabertusk
Ghouls: Crypt Horror
Greenskins: Gnoblar
Horses: Chaos steed, Skeletial steed, Unicorn, Pegasus, Hippogriph
Insects: Tomb Swarm, Giant Scorpion, Tomb Scorpion
Lizards: Jungle swarm, Skink, Chameleon skink, Saurus, Kroxigor, Razordon, Salamander, Ripperdactyl, Terradon, Slaan, Stegadon, Bastiladon, Carnosaur, Troglodon
Ogres: Ogre gorger, Yhetee
Prehistoric: Mournfang, Rhinox, Stonehorn, Thundertusk
Rats: Giant Rat, Vermin Lord
Snakes:    Medusa, Kharibdyss
Spiders: Gigantic Spider
Squigs: Giant Squigs
Stags: Steed of Isha/Kurnous, Great Stag
Trolls: Common Troll

• Emirikol and x13phantom like this

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

You may find some use out of this as well:

http://forum.rpg.net...-Creature-Index  (complete list of creatures in wfrp2)

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

..and I'll add these to my Automated Adventure Generator..

jh

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I am gradually creating some critter profiles for a few of the above as part of my Southlands work - taking WFB stats and benchmarking them (e.g., skink pretty similar to goblin but faster, more AG etc., then adjust stats for a shaman same way gobspite was from goblin, with some adjustments just for the flavour right etc) then adding abilities based on fluff (those chameleon skinks good with the Ambush, all the lizardfolk have an alien mindset add challenge die to target their WP etc.).  

That will include Savage Orcs (missing from above list) with their anti-magic warpaint and breakable stone weapons but Da Big Stabba spear etc.  Slann are going to be very Conservative with delay results sending them off into contemplation of deep mysteries etc but with abilities "up the whazooooo" (so really PC's pray for a delay result and then RUN and keep running until you reach another continent).

Were I retired I would spend more time on others etc. but at this point must allocate time only to what could conceivably be used in my game (don't really plan on having PC's meet a Slann but once I started on lizardfolk became a completionist about it, though I'm stopping at 5th Generation profile and perhaps a Spirit one).

I may post a draft in a week or so if there is interest in giving feedback etc., it will include stat blocks I've done so far and some Southland rules for weaker winds etc.  I'm still getting map right and doing different versions (a coastal & major rivers with sites on coasts only for Players, then a GM-everything version)

• Emirikol likes this

#5 jackdays

jackdays

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

Demigryphs can be found from new TEW and was Cygor in Hero's Call?

But anyways - very much creatures are missing. And I think WFB8 books provided even more new creatures. And there are huge number of creatures allready if you see all the creatures found from WFRP1 and WFRP2.

Like Valvorik mentioned - there are some fan-project that do provided some of these. See some new creatures from my site (WFRP3 - Monster Cards). Most connected to the Norsca Project, some others. Probably more coming eventually...

Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to www.kalevalahammer.com

Enter freely and of your own free will, and leave some of your happiness...

kalevalahammer@gmail.com

#6 Thindaraiel

Thindaraiel

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Demigryphs can be found from new TEW and was Cygor in Hero's Call?

I found "juvenile demigryph" in the component list (but thought it was not equivalent with the WFB empire entry), but no cygor.

The idea with this list is to complete it with links to fan-made profiles, until all the creatures we know through the Battle game are available to GMs to oppose the players. I think that PCs are more likely to confront centigors or fell bats than the mightiest heroes like Archaon or Galrauch.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS