Photo

So, when can we expect The Three Trials?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Your right I forgot about that. Thank you.
Well hopefully some great silvan and dunedain allies then =)

From the spoiler article:

Finally, The Three Trials introduces a new Spirit hero, as well as three copies of each player card. Fans of Middle-earth’s Elves will be pleased to find two new Elven allies, one Noldor and one Silvan, as well as events and attachments that promote the cycle’s new Silvan subthemes. You’ll also find a handful of cards that further support the game’s Secrecy keyword and decks that can keep their Threat at twenty or lower.

Only 1 Silvan ally :(

As part of The Ring-maker cycle, The Three Trials doesn’t focus too heavily on any one player theme. While it lends greater strength to the Silvan mechanics that lead developer Caleb Grace outlined in his introduction to the cycle, the Adventure Pack also supports a wide range of player themes and mechanics that include the Noldor, Dúnedain, and Scout traits; increased interaction for multiplayer games; and the popular Secrecy mechanic that rewards players who can keep their Threat at or below twenty.

Not sure about Dunedain allies, but there will certainly be something for Dunedain. Also I really wonder what the card(s) for the Scout trait will do. We have several Scout allies, some of which aren't played often; giving a good attachment/event for them could bring them out of binders.

As for Rumil, I honestly can't read that number. I can guarantee it's not #50 because that number is given to Spirit of the Wild in the spoiler for The Tree Trials.:

While your Noiseless Movement won’t help you sneak past the scenario’s Guardians, it might still help you sneak past other enemies, like the Spirit of the Wild (The Three Trials, 50)...

He could potentially come out this pack. We know he's not coming out in Trouble in Tharbad because we already have a Tactics ally spoiled there (though the trend could change to allow 2 allies in the same sphere in one pack). He could also come out in The Nin-in-Eilph or Celebrimbor's Secret, though it certainly looks like he has a 2-digit number, so it is likely either The Three Trials or The Nin-in-Eilph.

• PsychoRocka likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#42 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Your right I forgot about that. Thank you.
Well hopefully some great silvan and dunedain allies then =)

From the spoiler article:

Finally, The Three Trials introduces a new Spirit hero, as well as three copies of each player card. Fans of Middle-earth’s Elves will be pleased to find two new Elven allies, one Noldor and one Silvan, as well as events and attachments that promote the cycle’s new Silvan subthemes. You’ll also find a handful of cards that further support the game’s Secrecy keyword and decks that can keep their Threat at twenty or lower.

Only 1 Silvan ally :(

As part of The Ring-maker cycle, The Three Trials doesn’t focus too heavily on any one player theme. While it lends greater strength to the Silvan mechanics that lead developer Caleb Grace outlined in his introduction to the cycle, the Adventure Pack also supports a wide range of player themes and mechanics that include the Noldor, Dúnedain, and Scout traits; increased interaction for multiplayer games; and the popular Secrecy mechanic that rewards players who can keep their Threat at or below twenty.

Not sure about Dunedain allies, but there will certainly be something for Dunedain. Also I really wonder what the card(s) for the Scout trait will do. We have several Scout allies, some of which aren't played often; giving a good attachment/event for them could bring them out of binders.

As for Rumil, I honestly can't read that number. I can guarantee it's not #50 because that number is given to Spirit of the Wild in the spoiler for The Tree Trials.:

While your Noiseless Movement won’t help you sneak past the scenario’s Guardians, it might still help you sneak past other enemies, like the Spirit of the Wild (The Three Trials, 50)...

He could potentially come out this pack. We know he's not coming out in Trouble in Tharbad because we already have a Tactics ally spoiled there (though the trend could change to allow 2 allies in the same sphere in one pack). He could also come out in The Nin-in-Eilph or Celebrimbor's Secret, though it certainly looks like he has a 2-digit number, so it is likely either The Three Trials or The Nin-in-Eilph.

Ooooo one noldor ally as well!!! Forgot about that! Very exciting considering most of the older and more revered Elves (most of the powerful ones too!) are Noldor (Elrond, Gildor, Glorfindel, Elladan and Elrohir, Arwen, Erestor, Imladris Stargazer etc).

Ah nice the unique scout attachment is gonna be in this AP as well.

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#43 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

It's out so soon, can't wait to see the player cards!!!

Should be an article for The Road Darkens shortly, sure hope so at least

Edited by PsychoRocka, 16 July 2014 - 12:25 AM.

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#44 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

why not start a thread asking how long it will take? That will be useful!

• joezim007 likes this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#45 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

Not as useful as your hateful remarks, though ;)

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#46 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

Nah it's cool, I'd rather start a thread with a whole handful of custom rules that are essentially just what I think the ruling should have been for cards/interactions I was wrong about, I'll make sure they're not well tested or even well worded too. Then I'll add a whole bunch of other random rules which pretty much change the entire game and the way it works. Oh also one of them breaks engagement and combat entirely as well as some rules that are directly in conflict with each other. All of which is technically cheating considering about half the rules will be different from what they actually are, but that's fine, I'll keep calling two handed play and those who use official rulings I disagree with cheaters. That'll be way more beneficial and less nasty for the community than just excitedly waiting for/guessing when the new set will come out!
Thanks bro!

Edited by PsychoRocka, 16 July 2014 - 03:16 AM.

• Pharmboys2013 and Ana like this

#47 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

Not as useful as your hateful remarks, though ;)

hateful, funny... depends on who you ask.

Nah it's cool, I'd rather start a thread with a whole handful of custom rules that are essentially just what I think the ruling should have been for cards/interactions I was wrong about, I'll make sure they're not well tested or even well worded correctly too. Then I'll add a whole bunch of other random rules which pretty much change the entire game and the way it works. Oh also one of them breaks engagement and combat entirely as well as some rules that are directly in conflict with each other. All of which is technically cheating considering about half the rules will be different from what they actually are, but that's fine, I'll keep calling two handed play and those who use official rulings I disagree with cheaters. That'll be way more beneficial and less nasty for the community than just excitedly waiting for/guessing when the new set will come out!
Thanks bro!

The better rules do not contradict. Nothing breaks the mechanisms of the game. Yes they do change much of the game, but that is sorta the point. Basically all the new rules do is make it harder.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#48 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

They aren't "better", ffg are goddamn awesome at what they do

#49 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

no. they are better. FFG is a great company though.

#50 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:40 AM

Everything you enjoy sux. 

#51 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Wow you guys are impatient....... there is more to life than LOTR LCG. 

• booored and Narsil0420 like this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#52 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Wow you guys are impatient....... there is more to life than LOTR LCG. 

WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS?!

• Narsil0420 and richsabre like this

#53 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Khamul is in true, i can life without new adventure packs, the problem is i can't sleep :D

• richsabre likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#54 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

a day may come.. when lotr lcg players are patient...

....but it is not this day..... :P

oh- forgot another one...

One does not simply make a balanced card pool

yeah...awful i know but im still having my coffee :D

Edited by richsabre, 17 July 2014 - 03:13 AM.

• joezim007 likes this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#55 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

a day may come.. when lotr lcg players are patient...

....but it is not this day..... :P

oh- forgot another one...

One does not simply make a balanced card pool

yeah...awful i know but im still having my coffee :D

you make a joke out of everything don't you.... :P  

• richsabre likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#56 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

WHEN ARE WE GETTING A DARN ARTICLE?

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#57 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

That would be nice, yes. I'm very curious about what this cycle will bring next.

#58 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

WHEN ARE WE GETTING A DARN ARTICLE?

I take it as a sign that the next article will have some very, very BIG news, and we'll all forget this lull ever happened.

It's wishful thinking at least.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#59 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

Last news on June 26th.  I'm taking it as a sign that FFG has spread themselves pretty thinly.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#60 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Given the hunger for news around these parts, it seems like they might be better off just doing quick bite size articles more frequently instead of longer ones every now and then. Maybe just pick one card to spoil and write a paragraph about it. It wouldn't be much, but it should be fairly quick to write up and would satisfy the hungry masses!

Edited by Raven1015, 18 July 2014 - 04:14 PM.

• Catastrophic09 and joezim007 like this

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS