Photo

So, when can we expect The Three Trials?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

anyone remember what the status of blood of gondor and dark riders at the time of gencon last year?

blood of gondor was a surprise release at gencon.

#22 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

anyone remember what the status of blood of gondor and dark riders at the time of gencon last year?

I do remember, that's why I'm curious what it's status was on the upcoming page at that time to judge whether it's realistic that we would receive the long dark at this years gencon whilst currently "at the printers"

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#23 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

the long dark

Do you mean the Road Darkens? It might be on the display with some cards shown (probably the ones already spoiled), but not on sale yet. Just an option.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#24 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I did mean that thanks, *needs morning coffee* *goes to make morning coffee*

#25 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

I do remember, that's why I'm curious what it's status was on the upcoming page at that time to judge whether it's realistic that we would receive the long dark at this years gencon whilst currently "at the printers"

the saga expansion wasn't available for a month or so after gencon for everyone else (same with the AP) - i'm sure they will have stock there.

#26 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

This is what i meant; a release like BR was last year, with the realease for the masses following months after.
Sorry i wasn't more clear, i had no time to post really.

I would not be surprised we'll get another surprise release on a AP too there.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#27 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

I cant remember the exact status, but i believe that blood of gondor was at the printers last year during Gen Con. Thats why it was such a surprise to go there and see it available for purchase! I think we were all exoecting to see Black Riders there...they may have even announced that in advance.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#28 Epi Lepi

Epi Lepi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Upcoming page is saying Three Trials will be in stores on the 24th.

#29 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

10 days. Sweetness

#30 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Hmm... I wonder if there'll be any preview article or just a release one...

#31 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hmm... I wonder if there'll be any preview article or just a release one...

I would be surprised if we saw another article for the 3 trials (that wasn't just the release article). I would think we're long over due for a "the road darkens" preview however (not to derail the topic)

#32 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

Wow 10 days away, after the wait for dunland trap this is awesome. Can't wait for full spoilers for three trials on the release date!! (Hopefully sooner =p) We know very few player cards for three trials so this is a bit more exciting. What silvan ally will we get!? Will we get another ent? Or perhaps another mount? We will soon see!!

#33 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

Wow 10 days away, after the wait for dunland trap this is awesome. Can't wait for full spoilers for three trials on the release date!! (Hopefully sooner =p) We know very few player cards for three trials so this is a bit more exciting. What silvan ally will we get!? Will we get another ent? Or perhaps another mount? We will soon see!!

The spoiler article for The Antlered Crown specifically said that no ents would be released before Celebrimbor's Secret.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#34 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

The spoiler article for The Antlered Crown specifically said that no ents would be released before Celebrimbor's Secret.

Your right I forgot about that. Thank you.

Well hopefully some great silvan and dunedain allies then =)

#35 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

I secretly hope for some cool dunlandling ally.

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo, 14 July 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#36 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

or a turtle ally/enemy :P 

#37 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:39 AM

A FFG created Dunlending or Southron "renegade" type hero who has renounced the cause of Sauron would be really great IMO. At least more interesting than these rather generic warrior girls we've been getting as of late.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 15 July 2014 - 07:43 AM.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#38 Epi Lepi

Epi Lepi

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I haven't really analyzed the numbering in each cycle, which pack do we expect Rumil to show up in? The spoiler looked like he's number fifty something.

#39 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

A FFG created Dunlending or Southron "renegade" type hero who has renounced the cause of Sauron would be really great IMO. At least more interesting than these rather generic warrior girls we've been getting as of late.

Well, my hopes are based not on empty feelings. On some spoiled flavor text of the cycle, Dunlandling shaman guides our heroes. So I hoped he could show up as an ally or even a hero. Or someone from his tribe to aid us, or something.

#40 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

I haven't really analyzed the numbering in each cycle, which pack do we expect Rumil to show up in? The spoiler looked like he's number fifty something.

The hero in each set usually has the lowest player card number.  Gwaihir is listed as #59 in the spoiler for Trouble in Tharbad, so if Rumil is 5x than he should be in The Three Trials.  But since the encounter card numbers come after the player cards I don't think that Rumil can be numbered in the 50s.  And, of course, the card numbers have been wrong before. (Which is a long way of saying, "we don't know".)

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS