How is the errata looking

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 jasonpfeil

jasonpfeil

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Please forgive a stupid question, and the fact that I don't want to buy the beta book for 1 stat block....

What are the beta book stats for a Sentinel landing craft?

Thanks.

• Fiddleback likes this

#42 billh

billh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

The Beta lists the sentinel basic stats as the same in the core rulebook (ie silhouette, speed, handling, shielding, armor, ht/strain thresholds are all the same).

From the beta:

Hull Type/Class: Shuttle./Sentinel.
Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems with Cygnus Spaceworks.
Hyperdrive: Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 10.
Navicomputer: Yes.
Sensor Range: Close.
Ship's Complement: One pilot, one co-pilot, three gunners.
Encumbrance Capacity: 500.
Passenger Capacity: 54.
Consumables: One month.
Cost/Rarity: 240,000 credits ®/7.
Customization Hard Points: 0.
Weapons: Forward-mounted retractable medium laser cannon battery (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Linked 3).
Retractable dorsal twin light ion cannon turret(Fire Arc All; Damage 5; Critical 4; Range [Close]; ion, Linked 1 ).
Retractable ventral heavy repeating blaster turret this weapon's entire profile uses personal scale, not
planetary scale (Fire Arc All; Damage 15; Critical Hit 2; Range [Long]; Auto-Fire, Pierce 2, Vicious 1)
Forward-mounted concussion missile launchers (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short];
Blast 4, Breach 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 8, Linked 1, Slow-Firing 1 ).

IMO, I would say they changed the ship around to make it more similar to the Lambda then they suggested in the Beta version. It seems like the Sentinel would be a larger ship with a passenger capacity of 54.So they changed that to 20. They also took off the turret and the concussion missile launchers and gave it a couple hard points. They also made it less expensive, and a little easier to find mechanically. Im not sure about the squad numbers, which range from 3 to 9 on Wookiepedia ... 

Edited by billh, 28 July 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#43 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question. They've always filled different roles with one focused on passenger or light cargo transport and the other intended as a combat landing craft.

#44 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question.

I don't think the similarity between the stat blocks was intentional.

• HappyDaze likes this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#45 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Yeah but why they felt the Sentinel should be so close to a Lambda is a big question.

So far there's been no word, and if anybody has asked the FFG folks, there's been no answer.

Either stat version will work for most games, so it's ultimately just a matter of how hung up on "accuracy" to what Wookieepedia says that you get.  Some folks lose their minds if whatever Wookieepedia says isn't followed to exacting detail, other folks think Wookieepedia should just go away, but most are somewhere in between.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#46 Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Good grief. Just so people can stop going on about it:

In my unofficial capacity, I hereby declare the printed stat block for the Sentinel to be an error. It is not an intentional error, but an accidental one, much like the wandering Duros stat block. I have some insight on why it happened, but I'm not going to share that with you as it is not my place to do so.

Use the stats in the Beta until you hear otherwise.

Move along.

Yep, there has been no word at all.

And I think that people have more issue with it not matching it's own description in the book than slavish adherence to Wookiepedia.

It's like you still haven't noticed that the stat block doesn't even match it's own description in the very same book the stat block is in.

Also again with the insinuations that anyone in this thread is freaking out. Not one person in this thread has been losing their minds

Edited by Emperor Norton, 29 July 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#47 RogueCorona

RogueCorona

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

So far there's been no word, and if anybody has asked the FFG folks, there's been no answer.

Either stat version will work for most games, so it's ultimately just a matter of how hung up on "accuracy" to what Wookieepedia says that you get.  Some folks lose their minds if whatever Wookieepedia says isn't followed to exacting detail, other folks think Wookieepedia should just go away, but most are somewhere in between.

I don't mind FFG changing stats but I think they should do something to acknowledge the existence of the stat sheets from earlier sources in most cases. I don't think it would be hard really all they would need to do is add a letter to the end of the craft's model number to distinguish it from the models we saw in WEG or WOTC stats. Cases like the Neutron Star class are a little different because we always knew the WEG and WOTC stats were for a common modification of the design so presumably the FFG stats are the stock model we knew was out there but never saw stats for before.

#48 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Mind pointing to the post where I, or anyone else in this thread mentioned Wookieepedia in the context of why the statblock for the Sentinel was an error? Or have you even read the description text and associated statblock entry for yourself?

I ask, because you keep making statements (and assumptions) about this topic that are factually, objectively, and verifiably incorrect.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#49 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think a big part of the issue is that I was the first to point out the apparent copy/paste error with the Sentinel, and Donovan loves to poke at me with a stick on things like this.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#50 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

If you'd actually read my post, you might realize that I didn't call anybody out on any such thing.

I've seen plenty of instances that nothing to do with this forum or anybody on this forum of Star Wars "fans" flipping their lids because somebody deviated from the previously established EU lore, up to and including Lucas changing things by way of the prequels, invalidating a number of things that Timothy Zahn and even WEG had established for that era of time taking place before the original movies.  Things like the time gap between the creation of the Empire and ANH being less than 30 years, with Vader and Obi-Wan being far younger than initially perceived, or that Obi-Wan was trained by somebody other than Yoda.  Or that Anakin was a little kid prior to being found, and wasn't even discovered by Obi-Wan.

But if folks want to take umbrage at imagined insults, then don't let rational acts such as actually reading what a person posted instead of trying to find buried insults where there are none spoil your fun :rolleyes:

#51 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

If you'd actually read my post, you might realize that I didn't call anybody out on any such thing.

I did read your post. What you said was a snide dismissal of anyone that interpreted a deviation from Wookieepedia as an error. Since no one in this thread has done so, your remarks were irrelevant and unrelated to the actual topic of discussion. (The contradiction being discussed is internal to the product, not with some external source- a fact you've conveniently ignored.)

I wasn't reacting to some perceived slight or insult, I was pointing out the utter irrelevance of the remarks in question. You were complaining about a problem that didn't exist in this discussion. I suppose it's pretty easy to tear down an argument that no one made, but your doing so has contributed very little to the discussion thus far.

But if folks want to take umbrage at imagined insults, then don't let rational acts such as actually reading what a person posted instead of trying to find buried insults where there are none spoil your fun :rolleyes:

Your refusal to answer a very basic question with a simple "yes" or "no" would lead most rational persons to the conclusion that you either lack the very basic reading comprehension skills that you're demanding of others, or you're not approaching the discussion in good faith. At this point, I'm leaning towards the conclusion that it would simply wound your pride too much to admit that you popped off before you actually understood the issue being discussed.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Yoshiyahu, 30 July 2014 - 05:57 PM.

• knasserII likes this

#52 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

• Members
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Since I'm being vilified no matter what I say, not much point in saying anything. If anyone honestly thinks that I've attacked them, be it in this thread or any other, then report said posts to the Moderators and let them decide what course of action to take, if any.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS