Photo

Character creation tips for the Beginner Game?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WizzBif

WizzBif

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

My game group is thinking about dipping its toe into the EotE waters and it's almost a certainty that I'll be GM'ing. Since we're all new to the system, I'd like to start out with the Beginner Game Escape from Mos Shuuta and then hopefully the Long Arm of the Hutt to learn the system springboard us into our own campaign. The pregen characters look really nicely done, but I'm worried that some of the players might be happier creating their own characters, especially if I'm thinking about the beginner materials jump starting our own campaign. I do also have the EotE core rule book, so does anyone have experience creating their own characters for use in the beginner modules? Here are some of the things I've been thinking about that might give them some freedom to build their own chars while maintaing compatibly with the Mos Shuuta plot.

My thoughts were to try and discern the main motivations and backstory points that the pregen characters have and record those on index cards. Then, I can let the players choose from those and try to build their own character concepts around them. I haven't totally digested the Mos Shuuta module yet so I'm looking for tips on what some of the key plot hooks are that might involve specific pregen characters or abilities. Or, is that unnecessary and any party of created chars can just stand in for the pregens?

#2 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Mostly you need to give them a reason to want to get off Mos Schuuta and out from under Teemo's thumb. So if you have your PCs establish a backstory where Teemo screws them over you are good. I haven't looked much at Long Arm of the Hutt, so I am not sure if the pregens back stories come up at all.

Beyond that, have them create basic starting characters and you should be good.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS