Deck: The 3 E's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

This is one of the decks I've been using on Dunland Trap. I really like it, since it's a lot different then I'm used to making. I have not used Eleanor in ages, the deck started off with Bergond, but it was more important to have 2 spirit resources each round. I don't think the deck does well on many other scenarios, but it did defeat first 2 from VoI. Some notes on strategy below, I'll include a bit on how I play it during on Dunland trap Scenario too.

Another note: new deck builder is very good. Best part about it is that exported decks as text file are ordered as seen, I did not have to make any edits to adjust it.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com The Lord of the Rings Deckbuilder
Total Cards: (50)

Hero: (3)
1x Eleanor (Core Set)
1x Eowyn (Core Set)
1x Eomer (The Voice of Isengard)

Ally: (14)
3x Arwen Undomiel (The Watcher in the Water)
2x Bofur (The Redhorn Gate)
3x Envoy of Pelargir (Heirs of Numenor)
3x Westfold Horse-breeder (The Voice of Isengard)
3x Westfold Outrider (The Voice of Isengard)

Attachment: (24)
3x Blood of Numenor (Heirs of Numenor)
3x Born Aloft (Conflict at the Carrock)
3x Firefoot (The Dunland Trap)
3x Gondorian Shield (The Steward's Fear)
3x Miruvor (Shadow and Flame)
3x Rohan Warhorse (The Voice of Isengard)
3x The Favor of the Lady (Core Set)
3x Unexpected Courage (Core Set)

Event: (12)
2x A Test of Will (Core Set)
2x Behind Strong Walls (Heirs of Numenor)
2x Close Call (The Dunland Trap)
2x Gondorian Discipline (Encounter at Amon Dîn)
2x Power of Orthanc (The Voice of Isengard)
2x The White Council (The Dunland Trap)

Strategy:

It's important to get Elanor protected and ready to defend as early as possible. I usually select Boar clan Warrior during set up so she will be facing 3 attack straight away, with possible shadow cards doing more damage. Gondorian Shield is the key card opening hand, but if I dont have it there are other options. Behind Strong Walls, Close Call, and Gondorian Dicipline, should get her through the first round. Chump block is also and option. Arwen is also key, she is one of the best cards to have in the opening hand. Blood of Numenor is the next most important card, and will not be needed much until late in the game when she loses the shield. The next important thing for her is readying. All 3 UC go to her, also Miruvor works nice with Blood of Numenor, readying her and giving her a resource. For dunland trap use them before transitioning to stage 2 to build up here resources. I also like to put 1 copy back on top of my deck, so she can get it next round and have another way to ready. I am also really liking The White Council event, since it gives me some options. I usually try to keep it in hand and wait until i need it to ready a Hero for some reason, but providing a resource to another hero is really great some times.

With Eleanor taken care of Defending, Eomer, at least for the first stage of the scenario, kicks dunlending butt. Firefoot and Rohan Warhorse, enough said. This deck does not rely on chump blockers all that often to boost his attack +2.. Spirit Bofur is used, but this scenario does not make him very reliable to use during the first stage since he will be discarded. Born Aloft attached to an ally is the perfect insurance that he can be ready when needed, since his ability is not needed every attack especially with firefoot. I like to attach Born Aloft to The Horse Breeder, since she will only cost 1 to get back in play, and she can search for a mount again if Eomer does not have them already, the mount can at least ibe used to fuel eowyn's WP. in stage 2 and 3 eomer loses a lot of his punch, but he can still get most of the job done.

Eowyn pretty much leads the charge on questing. Most of the questing can be taken care of with her and arwen, although I have gotten location locked a few times. If it looks like that might happen, I'll quest with everyone, usually Eleanor will have a way to ready by then, and if it is Miruvor she can get 1 wp too. Favor of the Lady is in this deck, did i just say that. Yep. Maybe not the best choice, but it does make a big differnce on stage 3 when most Wp generated by allies disapears. If she can quest alone for 5 -7 and add 1 for her discard ability that's a pretty big deal, so I like the card for this deck. I had Lay of Nimrodel in for a bit, but Eowyn is always short resources. Eleanor could quest, but that would cost a readying action, which I don't like to loose on this scenario. The other concer is treachery condition attachments that deal damage, in Need of Rest is a major concern for Eowyn. Eleanor can be used to replace this card, but it will cost her a readying action, which could be at the wrong time, so 2 test of will can help, and if it does sneak by the Power of Orthanc is the only solution, i just hope it shows up and was not discarded yet.

Overall: i really like this deck on Dunland Trap it makes me work for the win, if I win. It seems to fit the theme of the scenario for me.
  • Nenya, Bullroarer Took, tomtom and 1 other like this
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#2 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

Will definitely try this deck.  I love Eleanor's low threat.  Are you going to do more video's?  I thought the video's you did were great.   

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#3 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Tracker did videos?! Where? Link me up!
Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Yes he did some. With outlands deck. Check youtube

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Cair Andros Part 1  

Into Ithilien Part 1

Battle of Laketown Part 1http://youtu.be/W8Jh0v67GyE

Stewards Fear Part 1http://youtu.be/0Bn9J4vvg2g

@Tracker - That would be really cool if you did a video session to go along with the decks you post.  

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 04 July 2014 - 10:38 PM.

• Bullroarer Took likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#6 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I saw the title and was expecting it to be a Elrond, Elladan, and Elrohir deck. Not even close :P

Edited by joezim007, 05 July 2014 - 05:26 PM.

• PsychoRocka likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#7 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Hey all,  

I uploaded a video of this deck vs. Dunland Trap on YouTube.

I'd post Video in thread but not sure how to do it.

Anyway,  possibly a few minor errors.  I trigger a locations forced effect when it was active location once, but it should trigger only while in staging area.  Also, I forget to give myself resources a few times, and played one extra round at the end.  Making it more difficult I guess!  

There are a few times I forget to do something but remember a few moments later, removing a resource from blood of Numenor for instance.

I'm sure you'll spot more.

I also mentioned a card I was thinking of using on Eleanor and said Favor of the Lady, but was thinking of SIlver Lamp.

It's 50 min long, enjoy!

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

• Khamul The Easterling likes this

#8 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for taking the time to make the video.  Eleanor really turned into a great defender!  

I'm personally not a real big fan of this quest actually.  It feels a lot like the first two VoI quests which I didn't like a whole lot. What did you think of Fight at the Fords, Catch and Orc, and Dunland Trap?   

Thanks again,

Khamul

#9 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

About 15 mins in you readied Eleanor to cancel a 2nd time, but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been an action window in there to use Unexpected Courage. That's all I'll mention :)

I makes plenty of mistakes myself so I won't rub it in. Seems like an interesting deck though. I may have to give it a try.

Edited by joezim007, 10 July 2014 - 02:20 PM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#10 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

About 15 mins in you readied Eleanor to cancel a 2nd time, but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been an action window in there to use Unexpected Courage. That's all I'll mention :)
I makes plenty of mistakes myself so I won't rub it in. Seems like an interesting deck though. I may have to give it a try.

Thanks, Your right, some damage would have been spread around. Oh well, hard to know how it would have all worked out, but probably would have been same result. I did add an extra round at the end to make up for it.
  • joezim007 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS