Possible new Imperial fighter!?!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Darthfish

Darthfish

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yes, because all real world military armored vehicles have a large picture window in the front. I have a tie crawler abomination from the WTC days of random booster packs and Star Wars minis. I keep leaving it lying around hoping by dog will chew it up, but even he won't touch it. I'd like to see the gun boat, but the rest of that ridiculous crap I will not buy.
  • Mikael Hasselstein and Radarman5 like this

All that is required for evil to prevail, is that good men do nothing. - Thomas Jefferson

#22 Effenhoog

Effenhoog

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

At this point I think in terms of fighters all the Empire really "needs" (term used VERY loosely) is the TIE Avenger and the Assault Gunboat, maybe the scimitar assault bomber if you are reaching.  Throw in the missile boat if you are really desperate but the avenger and gunboat are the last two reasonably well known ships left, past that you are really pulling from obscurity.

Edited by Effenhoog, 04 July 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#23 Segmentvs

Segmentvs

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

I would buy the Chiss Clawcraft.  I just like the design.  I have looked at them on Shapeways.

#24 Radarman5

Radarman5

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

The TIE Aggressor and TIE Electronic Warfare Starfighter would add some interesting options. The Aggressor has a 180 degree rear turret, and the EW is a modified bomber with the jamming gear of a capital ship swapped for it's munitions pod, it could have the Jamming action and maybe the ability to remove target locks.

http://starwars.wiki...i/TIE_Aggressor
http://swfanon.wikia...are_Starfighter

EMPIRE: 5 TIE Fighters, 4 TIE Bombers, 4 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firesprays

REBEL: 2 A-Wings, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75

SCUM & VILLAINY: 2 Firesprays, 1 HWK-290

#25 MrHello

MrHello

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:30 PM

The TIE boarding craft could be interesting in Epic play.  Use it sort of like a suicide bomber of sorts.

#26 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

As always: Tie Droid and Tie Predator. They look different enough to matter and give new options. Avenger is just an advanced with pointy wings= title card for advanced. Oppressor/aggressor as well.

#27 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

A Preybird could be nice to see a big heavy hitting slower moving durable ship for the Imperials, but I believe their Service was borderline New Jedi Order time right around the ceasefire and when the Vong show up

#28 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

The TIE boarding craft could be interesting in Epic play.  Use it sort of like a suicide bomber of sorts.

As the boarding craft is really just a modified bomber, why not just use the bomber without ordnance?

• Magnus Grendel likes this

#29 Otacon

Otacon

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

As always: Tie Droid and Tie Predator. They look different enough to matter and give new options. Avenger is just an advanced with pointy wings= title card for advanced. Oppressor/aggressor as well.

The TIE D could be interesting. Something like

2 Attack

3 Agility

2 Hull

0 Shields

Barrel Roll, Evade

No red maneuvers on dial, because an AI isn't going to get stressed. Or maybe flat out stress immune. And no focus because again it's an AI, it just does its thing. It'd definitely be different at least.

#30 Eon Chao

Eon Chao

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Ugh.

I'm quite fine with the TIEs we have. The nature of the Empire is uniformity and all the various EU TIE models really distract from that.

I'd really hate to have all of the following represented at some point:

qG4lpz3.jpg

Except for the TIE Star Cruiser.

Gotta have that one!

Of the various fighters in that image I'd totally be on board with buying the Experimentals Mk 1, Mk 2 and Mk 3, Interdictor, Scimitar, Oppressor, Hunter, Scout, Aggressor, Vanguard, Avenger and Droid. But then again I'm in this for the cool game and new models are completely a buying point for me rather than my love of the films (although I do love them). Heck  if they made it vaguely interesting I'd also be happy to get things like the N-1 and other prequel ships in the game.

#31 ApollosSpear

ApollosSpear

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Interdiction would be a fun new mechanic.

yes but i would much rather have the interdictor cruiser than that tie. the cruiser is so badass

#32 eagletsi111

eagletsi111

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

I was just reading about these.   Where does it say the turret can only shoot to the back?

thanks,

#33 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

I was just reading about these.   Where does it say the turret can only shoot to the back?

thanks,

It's a ship that come from the MMO Star Wars Galaxies. It was made to give an equivalent of the Y-Wing to the Imperial pilots but, unlike the Y-Wing, its turret only shot back. It was bad in PvP but a pain in PvE cause it was hard to tail.

Of that picture that keep coming up as soon as someone talk about bringing a new Tie, it's probably the only one that I would be excited to see, cause it would bring something new to the table: a small base ship with a rear arc. I would probably give it a dial like the Bomber, maybe with a white hard 2 instead of red. Attack 2, Agility 2, Hull 5 Shield 0. Focus, target Lock, Barrel Roll, evade with an ordnance slot.

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#34 Tidy Fender

Tidy Fender

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I wouldn't mind the Droid and Avenger. The Scimitar is acceptable to me as well, but I don't know how it could distinguish itself from the Bomber.

#35 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yes, because all real world military armored vehicles have a large picture window in the front. I have a tie crawler abomination from the WTC days of random booster packs and Star Wars minis. I keep leaving it lying around hoping by dog will chew it up, but even he won't touch it. I'd like to see the gun boat, but the rest of that ridiculous crap I will not buy.

Given the apparent strength of transparisteel I can see that being far less of a durability issue. It's basically as tough as any other piece of the hull. The Tie Crawler is stupid for entirely other reasons.(As are most Imperial Land vehicles that touch the ground...)

#36 Znieh

Znieh

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Some of these TIEs in the picture are fan made.

Personally I feel the Star Wing needs to be added, but I'm surprised they chose the VT-49 instead of the Skipray Blastboat for wave 5.

#37 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

The TIE D could be interesting. Something like

2 Attack

3 Agility

2 Hull

0 Shields

Barrel Roll, Evade

No red maneuvers on dial, because an AI isn't going to get stressed. Or maybe flat out stress immune. And no focus because again it's an AI, it just does its thing. It'd definitely be different at least.

They could be fun. What would they cost? 10 points? PS 0? You really can't do different pilot cards with them though. Unless you had just upgraded software cards... 

I wouldn't mind the Droid and Avenger. The Scimitar is acceptable to me as well, but I don't know how it could distinguish itself from the Bomber.

I would take the Torp upgrades away from the Scimitar and give it an extra bomb slot. A ship that could have two bombs would be pretty cool. Give it a Defenderish dial w/o the white k-turn. Maybe 2/3/4/2? Of course TL, Focus, and Boost instead of Barrel roll. It would be more expensive than the bomber though. 

Edited by Jo Jo, 06 July 2014 - 02:47 PM.

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#38 Black Knight Leader

Black Knight Leader

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Ugh.

I'm quite fine with the TIEs we have. The nature of the Empire is uniformity and all the various EU TIE models really distract from that.

I'd really hate to have all of the following represented at some point:

qG4lpz3.jpg

Except for the TIE Star Cruiser.

Gotta have that one!

Where did you get this picture?  Theres incorrect info on it just for example the X3 is the TIE Interceptor Prototype.  Some of the pictures are fanon like the Skimmer and Torpedo Bomber.

May the Holy Trinity be with you and give you peace

LRG TIE Interceptor Pilot:  We cant stop Tycho, what are we going to do? Princess Luna: BE STILL! (echo echo) (Tycho stops)Tycho Celchu: WTH?! 

Princess LunaOh, most wonderful of...!  I mean... Oh, most wonderful of nights.  :)  

*Ace TIE Interceptor Pilot of the Lunar Republic Guard.  The fun has been DOUBLED!

#39 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

As the boarding craft is really just a modified bomber, why not just use the bomber without ordnance?

Agreed. Figure out the 'boarding' mechanic for huge (and maybe) large ships and stick it on a title card that replaces the bomber's ordnance slots.

#40 Radarman5

Radarman5

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'd like to see an M3-A Scyk Fighter, with simmilar stats as a TIE Fighter, but with 1-2 shields, and 3 non-unique title cards that add either the Cannon, Missile, or Torpedo icons to it's upgrade bar.

http://starwars.wiki...-A_Scyk_fighter

EMPIRE: 5 TIE Fighters, 4 TIE Bombers, 4 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firesprays

REBEL: 2 A-Wings, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75

SCUM & VILLAINY: 2 Firesprays, 1 HWK-290

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS