Ork preview

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Darik

Darik

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

That's cool for me, since this game hace different game dynamics, it won't have the same results. Also, at some point you have to make cards similar to other games.

I disagree.  I think that point is where you have decided on lazy over quality design.  If you look at three games all by the same designer:  Magic, NetRunner, and Jyhad you see three quality card games with no mechanical similarities other than that they are all CCGs.  Then again, originally carries a lot of weight with me personally so maybe it's just me.

I love Dr. Garfield and always will enjoy his games, but there are many Netrunner cards that function a lot like Jyhad cards. Protracted Investment is essentially the grandfather (Methuselah?) for Armitage Code Busting. I'm sure I can find other cards that are similar. Again, this doesn't disprove your overall point (copying cards from other games is bad) but it does point out that even the Master copied from himself. When it ain't broke, don't fix it, you know?

I'm still very interested in seeing how the Orks play. I loved the Brutal-type trait in the old Upper Deck Entertainment World of Warcraft TCG so this should be fun!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS