GM screen squad rules

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, no problem. If more questions come up, let me know.

Official Contributor: Edge of the Empire: Suns of Fortune, Far Horizons, Age of Rebellion: GM's Kit, StarWars.com Blog Centerpoint Station

Follow me @KRKappel, facebook.com/keith.kappel, and KRKappel.com, Co-founder FandomComics.com

#62 usgrandprix

usgrandprix

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Thanks a million for the demo!

• KRKappel likes this

#63 Brother Bart

Brother Bart

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nice play-by-play, I have posted this on my Obsidian Portal forum for my players to check out. Credit given of course.

Thanks!

• KRKappel likes this

#64 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Got my GMK.  And did a quick read through.  Really like the adventure and there was enough room 'between the lines' to really easily flesh out the adventure or expand on it.  Well written and wish more of the adventures could be like this.

As far as the Squad(ron) rules...

Makes the leadership skill more useful.  Also Leadership can become a universal skill when part of a squad(ron).  Kind of disappointed that you only get a boost die for a specific skill based on the formation.  Even with the new Tables, there isn't much difference between 1 squad member and 11 except for more and bigger blaster sponge.  But i can understand the problem of it becoming too over powered.

• KRKappel likes this

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Last session 6/21/14 'The Treasure of Celis Mott'

Last Update 7/4/14

#65 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Even with the new Tables, there isn't much difference between 1 squad member and 11 except for more and bigger blaster sponge.  But i can understand the problem of it becoming too over powered.

I think that's exactly the point. They are going for a form of ablative protection for PCs and significant NPCs. If your soldiers are good enough that they can stand on their own, then let them.

• pathstrider, Donovan Morningfire, Daeglan and 1 other like this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#66 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

I can see value in sucking some minions up into squads and leaving others out. Some become damage sponges and others deal more damage for you.

• EldritchFire likes this

#67 Revanchist7

Revanchist7

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Tried out a squad last night.  There was a little bit of confusion from some players, but the one actually using the squad seemed more than happy with the easy benefits that come from using them.

• kaosoe likes this

#68 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,780 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Reprint listed in updates already, must have sold pretty well...

http://www.fantasyfl...ge_upcoming.asp

• KRKappel likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS