• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'm also thinking of what happens when you discard Darkstar from your hand to RS 3 Gold save a character from being killed (via Maester  of the Sun) ... Darkstar enters play and gets killed in the next step.Why does this happen ... the replacement effect that puts Darkstar into play ...before characters are killed.

Finally ... if you discard a card from your hand does it go into moribund or straight into the discard pileDiscard attached character from play (cannot be saved) WHEN you kneel DF to pay an influence cost

In an extreme example, what happens if I have 2 DFs attached to DP and trigger his response
Do I pay the cost in one hit - i.e. kneel the two DFs and remove DP from play - and thus cannot discard DP as he is no longer in play?

Thanks - characters being removed from play ... they still go through moribund? (DP is not discarded, he is removed)And if DP is prized, my opponents don't get anything because he is not being discarded or killed

Is DP Dornish Paramour?  I figured out that DF was Doran's Favor and not Dornish Fiefdoms, but wasn't sure if DP was Dornish Paramour.

#22 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

@Viprunescape12

1 Darkstar:

Following the timing of when Saves/Cancels happen, when you discard Darkstar to fund the ability of the Maester, he comes into play immedately.  This is during step 2 and he comes into play immediately.  During Step 3 (Resolution), all characters who were not saved (and don't have any "cannot be killed" effect applied) become moribund:dead pile.

2. Moribund rules only apply to cards in play.   Cards from your deck, hand, discard, deal piles have no moribund state, so they move immediately upon the cost being paid or the effect resolving - depending on the effect in question.

* Doran's Favor makes the character it is attached to moribund:discard after you've knelt the influence to pay for something.  So when you reach Step 4 of the timing, the character becomes moribund:discard.

3. Drowned Prophet (please don't abbreviate names unless you've earlier said who you are referring to.  make it easy on us!)  His ability is to kneel 8 influence and remove him from the game.  If you have 2 Favors attached to him, you could kneel them to trigger his ability.  He becomes moribund:out of game during Step 1 of this process as it is part of the cost.   Provided the ability isn't canceled you end the challenges phase.   During the passive step of this window, the Favor attachments would attempt to discard the character, but since he is already moribund there is no effect.

4. ANY card (not just character) leaving play to ANY out-of-play area goes through the moribund process.  You are correct that leaving the game is different than being killed or discarded for the purposes of Prized.  So is going into shadows, being put on top of the deck or being bounced to hand.

Note that all my references to timing can be found in the FAQ, located here.

Edited by Slothgodfather, 18 July 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#23 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Nice job Sloth.  I don't have any idea how you figured out DP = Drowned Prophet.  I wasn't even close.

#24 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

I believe the full name was used in the original post and abbreviated in all others.

#25 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

I didn't recall reading the name elsewhere, I just had to figure out what he was trying to use 8 influence on, which lead me to that dude.

#26 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

I didn't recall reading the name elsewhere, I just had to figure out what he was trying to use 8 influence on, which lead me to that dude.

Yeah I guess I should have read his post more carefully then because I missed him talking about using 8 influence.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS