5 replies to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

I'm not sure how the timing works out ... so not sure if this is do-able

Drowned Prophet

Response: Kneel 8 influence and remove DP from the game (cannot be saved) .....

Doran's Favour

Discard attached character from play (cannot be saved) WHEN you kneel DF to pay an influence cost

In an extreme example, what happens if I have 2 DFs attached to DP and trigger his response

Do I pay the cost in one hit - i.e. kneel the two DFs and remove DP from play - and thus cannot discard DP as he is no longer in play?

thanks

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:51 AM

Doran's Favor's ability is a passive, not a cost. So the timing is:

1) initiation

1a) determine the costs: here, it's kneeling 8 influence and removing DP from the game

1b) check play restrictions: it's a Challenges action (and not a response like you posted)

1c) apply penalties to the cost: none

1d) apply other modifiers to the cost: none

1e) pay the costs: you kneel the DF's and DP becomes moribund->removed from the game

1f) trigger the effect: no target

2) save/cancel

3) resolution

4) passives: now, each DF's try to make DP go moribund->discard but fails, since DP is already moribund; the DF's also go moribund->discard themselves, being attached to a moribund card

5) responses

6) clean-up: moribund cards go to their final destinations

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

In short, the effect you pay for with Doran's Favor always resolves before the attached character is discarded for using the influence.

#4 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Thanks - characters being removed from play ... they still go through moribund? (DP is not discarded, he is removed)

And if DP is prized, my opponents don't get anything because he is not being discarded or killed

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Correct. He is removed from the game as part of paying his cost, so he is removed from the game (not killed or discarded) at the same time you pay the influence with Doran's Favor.

#6 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

@HastAttack - Anytime a card leaves play, they go into a moribund state for their final destination.  Since removing them from play is them also leaving play, they still go moribund.

FFG can create a new "leaves play" state in some future chapter pack cycle and it will automatically become part of the moribund rules for leaving play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS