Community Errata

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#41 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

We should adress Outlands one post or another : 2 cost, 1 card, a hell lot more powerfull than Favor of the Lady.

Also, Dunedan Quest is better, you can move it. Celebrian's Stone is +2 with a bonus for Aragorn, while being restricted so it's a balanced.

Unexpected Courage will be balanced the day readying card would be all over our card pool, which will happen one day, be it 20 years from now, or never at death of the game.

Since outlands is a very mutable resource, would you care to elaborate what you believe one gets for a 2 cost card?

Dunedain Quest takes resources to move it; you´re kinda making it sound as if you can do it for free.

Celebrian´s Stone is also unique besides being restricted. Want to be sure to get it during the game then put 3 copies in and the two remaining are discard fodder.

All cards have their strong points and their weak points but Favor of the Lady is not just a "bad card".

#42 Ohnomycocoa

Ohnomycocoa

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

Power in the Earth would be infinitely more useful if it bounced to your hand when it is discarded.

Edited by Ohnomycocoa, 02 July 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#43 Lilian

Lilian

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

To limit the Outlands : Each Outlands gain : limit 2 per deck

To limit the Doomed cards : Each Doomed cards gain : limit one per deck

Like this :

Dwalin: After Dwalin attacks and destroys an enemy, lower your threat by 1.

Glorfindel (Spirit)

change his ability to: 

Forced: After Glorfindel exhausts, raise your threat by 1.

#44 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Power in the Earth would be infinitely more useful if it bounced to your hand when it is discarded.

Or even better: When attached location leaves play as an explored location, attach Power in Earth to another location in staging area, if able.

• Ohnomycocoa and Mndela like this

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#45 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

Keeping Count:

I would add a response suggested by many people in the past, that when you play a copy of Keeping Count, you could search your deck for another copy and add it to your hand. 

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#46 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Glorfindel (lore): Remove "once per round".

He cost A LOT, so his ability should be worth to put on the table, like Elrond. Maybe this help (probable not).

Bilbo: Draws 1 additional card in the resource phase.

When I play him, I am the person that want to draw more! This is personal taste.

Mirlond: Each hero you control gets -1 threat cost.

So she can see more play. Another personal taste.

Pippin (spirit): Remove "If each hero you control has the Hobbit trait, Pippin gains:"

Pippin lore is so much better and this requirement make him too much specialized to hobbit decks. I would also change his name to some less know hobbit, so he can pair up with the other Pippin and increase the hobbit deck possibilities. If you also make that the enemy can't engage anymore (like some people wrongly think him works), he would be a REALLY good deck for some decks and see more play. Maybe making Dunhere decks more viable against harder quests.

Glorfindel:  second that.  Remove the once per round limit.  He'd be worth using.  With Elrond, he's not worthless, but that combo puts you at 25 threat before adding another hero... not good.

Bilbo:  During the resource phase, perhaps choose a player to draw 1 card.

Mirlonde:  perhaps -1 threat for each LoreSilvan or Noldor hero you control.  Is that too complicated?

Pippin: good suggestion.  He needs help.

#47 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Keeping Count:

I would add a response suggested by many people in the past, that when you play a copy of Keeping Count, you could search your deck for another copy and add it to your hand. 

If some players have keeping count in his deck sure there are 2 KC in play in first rounds, and they can get stronger...

Edited by Mndela, 02 July 2014 - 11:45 AM.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#48 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Mirlonde:  perhaps -1 threat for each LoreSilvan or Noldor hero you control.  Is that too complicated?

I remember that time when I suggested that it would be nice for Mirlonde to reduce not just lore threat, but silvan threat too, I got jumped at by booored who accused me in "wanting to have an overpowered silvan deck and overall easy game"  :lol:

#49 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

I remember that time when I suggested that it would be nice for Mirlonde to reduce not just lore threat, but silvan threat too, I got jumped at by booored who accused me in "wanting to have an overpowered silvan deck and overall easy game"  :lol:

The very thought of troll-on-troll violence makes this bear shed a single, giant, honey-scented tear.

Incidentally, I agree that Mirlonde would be better if her ability applied to Silvan heroes rather than Lore heroes. I understand that the AtS cycle was trying to encourage mono-sphere decks (with mixed results), but I think encouraging multi-sphere Silvan decks would be a lot more interesting for this hero. Oh well, instead she will be relegated to a few Lore-heavy decks. I do hope that the Silvan archetype has room for her, but with more Silvan heroes on the way, I have my doubts.

• eucatastrophe likes this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#50 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I can't recall anything upcoming that favors silvan trait on a hero. Just ally stuff.

#51 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

There is old silvan ally that heals one damage from every silvan character and there's light of valinor

#52 Edvando

Edvando

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:49 AM

There is the sword and bow that helps silvan:

http://www.cardgamed...ndell-blade-rtr

http://www.cardgamed...ndell-bow-twitw

#53 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:38 AM

Do you guys know the meaning of word "upcoming"?

#54 Edvando

Edvando

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:52 AM

Anyone has suggestions for the following cards?

Blade Mastery: +2 atk / +2 def

This event doesn't pull its cost of 1 for a measly +1/+1.

Harbor Master: Anyone has any ideas for this ally?

#55 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

Harbor Master, with songs is a lot of powerfull. He is lore and can be attached burning brand on him. After, playing some songs with love of tales his defense is up to 10 points, 20, 30...

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#56 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

Harbor Master is ok even if he had no printed text. 1/2/0/2 is a pretty good ally. And in my deck he is always 1/2/3/2, ocassionally growing into 1/2/4+/2.

#57 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

The very thought of troll-on-troll violence makes this bear shed a single, giant, honey-scented tear.

Let's organize something then, shall we? Something akin to Celebrity Deathmatch. With bets on the winner and all the other stuff.

• danpoage likes this

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#58 Edvando

Edvando

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

Harbor Master, with songs is a lot of powerfull. He is lore and can be attached burning brand on him. After, playing some songs with love of tales his defense is up to 10 points, 20, 30...

How do you consistently play songs? He needs 2-3 songs in a turn to make a single defense. Ok, he is playable, but I would like if you could elaborate more that deck of yours =D

Let's organize something then, shall we? Something akin to Celebrity Deathmatch. With bets on the winner and all the other stuff.

Sure, but this FAQ is more a personal thing. Use what you like, dismiss what you don't. Of course we could really make a unofficial errata and I'm in favor of it. Since this is a non-competitive game, we run in less trouble.

#59 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Theoretically, in multiplayer, lore player can slap 3 loves of tales on each of his heroes, and then for each single song played, each Harbor Master would get +3 defense. All songs can be spread among the all players. The main problem here is that there is not that much useful songs to go around. Lay of Nimrodel, Durin's Song, Song of Earendil and probably Song of Mocking... I'll be silent about fall of Gil-Galad. 

Edited by MyNeighbourTrololo, 03 July 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#60 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Sure, but this FAQ is more a personal thing. Use what you like, dismiss what you don't. Of course we could really make a unofficial errata and I'm in favor of it. Since this is a non-competitive game, we run in less trouble.

You probably didn't get thet my post was aimed at Beorn's comment about troll vs. troll fight, not at the community errata.

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS