Community Errata

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

With all the recent talk of errata and the (friendly) trashing of some cards (Glorfindel *ahem*), I thought I'd just start a new topic and let everybody get it all out. 

What cards would you errata or modify and how?  Feel free to discuss why, but I'd rather get a constructive collection of ideas instead of a series of rants.

#2 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Glorfindel (Spirit)

change his ability to: 

Forced: After Glorfindel exhausts, raise your threat by 1.

He would still be the king of secrecy heroes, but LoV no longer makes him unstoppable.  His stats and his traits still make him extremely viable IMO.

• DurinIII and danpoage like this

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

i think i would cry if glorfindel ever got errated - he is one of the few ways i win this game :DD

• DurinIII, Ana and Olorin93 like this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Power in the Earth

Cost = 2

Attach to a location.

Attached location does not contribute its threat to the quest.

• DurinIII likes this

#5 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Not sure what it could lead to, but if you launch this project, make sure to note why cards should be errated then compile all the topic about this subject, there quite a few on this forum only.

#6 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

Blue Mountain Trader

add exhaust to the cost of the action.

#7 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

Not sure what it could lead to, but if you launch this project, make sure to note why cards should be errated then compile all the topic about this subject, there quite a few on this forum only.

It's not a project.  I just thought I'd make a separate thread for people to vent and perhaps get some interesting ideas in the process.

• DurinIII likes this

#8 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

explanation:  

power in the earth:  my personal nominee for least useful card in the set.  Increasing its cost and its effect would make it comparable to the situationally useful Secret Paths, while making it distinct in its usage.  

Blue Mountain Trader:  as printed, its effect can be used any number of times instantly, allowing players to more or less rearrange their entire resource pool at will.  I have trouble believing this was the intent.  Putting an exhaust requirement on the card puts a practical but not invincible limit on the effect.  The ally is viable enough already due to its cost and Dwarf trait.

#9 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Blue mountain sure

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#10 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Favor of the Lady:

Cost: 0

Attach to a hero.

Action: Spend 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool and exhaust Favor of the Lady to give attached hero +2 (will) until the end of the phase.

Increased willpower bonus with ongoing cost to allow the card to be worth including.  It's closest competition I think is from Dunedain Quest and Celebrian Stone.  My question is whether or not a single point of willpower is worth a card slot, regardless of cost.  This is my solution.  

#11 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

I'd lower the cost to play Radagast from 5 to 3, and make all upcoming ents Creatures. Though it seems Treebeard will be for ents what Radagast is (supposed to be) for eagles.

#12 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hirluin the Fair

remove his ability to pay for outland allies of any sphere.

He is already the recipient of the the outlands bonuses, which lets his stats quickly exceed his threat, plus his ranged ability in leadership.  With his sphere-bending ability, there is almost no reason for all outlands allies not to be included by default, which turns any deck he's in into an outlands deck.  Without the ability, he's still extremely viable and the player must be more creative when constructing outlands decks in order to pay for them.

#13 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

Will of the West:

Add "Victory: 1"

• OnkelZorni likes this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#14 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Legacy of Durin:

Add "(Limit once per round.)"

• danpoage likes this

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#15 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Horn of Gondor:

Add "Limit (3 times per phase.)"

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#16 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

Exhausting him would be too much. Just slap limit once per turn over him.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#17 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Will of the West:

Add "Victory: 1"

This would do nothing on it's own. It needs an instruction to add it to victory display when played, and for this you don't need any victory points on the card actually.

#18 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

Legacy of Durin:

Add "(Limit once per round.)"

I'd rather "exhaust Legacy of Durin to" this card.

#19 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Page 24 of the rules actually says that when a card with victory points leaves play, it is added to the victory display. Player cards like Black Arrow specifically mention to add the card to the victory display as part of the cost of triggering the effect, but this is not technically required for the "has Victory points" passive effect to function. This is why enemies and locations with Victory: X "just work" and do not require further text about where to put them when they leave play.

My intent was to change the card as little as possible. The effect of Will of the West could also be changed to:

"Action: Add Will of the West to the victory display to choose a player. Shuffle the chosen player's discard pile into their deck."

This is functionally equivalent to my change of adding 1 victory point, it is just more explicit about Will of the West not going to the discard pile. As much as I enjoy nitpicking rules minutiae, I think the intent was pretty clear with my original post.

Edited by danpoage, 01 July 2014 - 11:28 AM.

• Rapier, karagh, Mich the One and 1 other like this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#20 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:47 AM

Favor of the Lady:

Cost: 0

Attach to a hero.

Action: Spend 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool and exhaust Favor of the Lady to give attached hero +2 (will) until the end of the phase.

Increased willpower bonus with ongoing cost to allow the card to be worth including.  It's closest competition I think is from Dunedain Quest and Celebrian Stone.  My question is whether or not a single point of willpower is worth a card slot, regardless of cost.  This is my solution.  

Usually the willpower faction is more expensive than defense or attack faction. For example, allies. The allies with more wp are more expensive than allies with more defense or attack. So the attachments are the same: for example, the dunedain attachments. 1 defense costs 1 resource; 1 attack point costs 1 resource; and 1 willpower costs 2 resources.

So Favour of the Lady is correct.

• Nerdmeister likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS