Need more dice

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Anyone found a good solution for spare dice? Buying a pack for 1-2 useful dice a time doesn't seem economical.

I think I need (a lot) more misfortune - my party uses a lot of defensive moves and the black dice ramp up very quickly.

I know there's an app - but IMO it takes away from the experience.

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I wonder how they are getting so many misfortune dice? I can't think of any armor that gives more than 1 Defense. Then you have a max of 2 Misfortune Dice for the defensive cards. If you have a shield, that's usually 1 more dice. So even if the character does everything right, he would still end up with an attacker getting 4 Misfortune if he uses a defensive card. Leaving 2 free in case of negative circumstances or other effects.

Edited by Ralzar, 30 June 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Your best bet is to print some stickers and just put them over your dice.  They don't have to be perfect, just get them done.  If you needed, you could use blank dice and a metallic ghetto marker instead of stickers.

You could also phone around to various game stores and see if they can mail you something.

13603731.jpg

5673257359_8c7c17f843_z.jpg

Edited by Emirikol, 30 June 2014 - 04:24 PM.

• ElCommi likes this

#4 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:55 AM

Or houserule..3 (2) blacks give 1 purple

#5 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

I wonder how they are getting so many misfortune dice? I can't think of any armor that gives more than 1 Defense. Then you have a max of 2 Misfortune Dice for the defensive cards. If you have a shield, that's usually 1 more dice. So even if the character does everything right, he would still end up with an attacker getting 4 Misfortune if he uses a defensive card. Leaving 2 free in case of negative circumstances or other effects.

He's an Ironbreaker with Gromril armour, using Ancestor cards- (One of them, can't recall the name gives misfortune based on number of ancestor cards recharging) and has a support character using Improved Guarded Position.

Then some NPC abilities add 2 black dice difficulty. Then add in environmental factors etc.

Though the house rule 2 black  = 1 purple sounds about right.

#6 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

I usually go with 3 black = 1 purple. Although 2 is closer, purple has the added risk of Chaos Stars.

#7 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

I usually go with 3 black = 1 purple. Although 2 is closer, purple has the added risk of Chaos Stars.

What's a little added risk in Warhammer? :D

We previously did dice rolls differently we used Vs. Target DEF as an opposed roll (With def being DEF rating + TO), and ignored the misfortune.
Not sure where that came from, but its how we've run over 2 dozen games. After reading the FAQ (To clarify a priest issue), we discovered we were doing it wrong - so our rolls are going to need more misfortune.
The ironbreaker accumulates a lot of misfortune dice when playing defensively - napkin math tells us if we make the change we will likely need more dice.
Haven't played yet to test properly.

I don't mind house ruling it for a short while - but I think blank dice is a likely option. (Until FFG release better dice packs!)

#8 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

The other alternative is to kill the Ironbreaker ;)

• ElCommi and GMmL like this

#9 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Use this dice roller :)

http://brokentome.co...DiceRoller.aspx

Everyone should have their phone/tablet at hand, right?

edit: nevermind, it is limited too

Edited by thePREdiger, 01 July 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#10 Carcosa

Carcosa

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:16 AM

@Elcommi

I think you are thinking of the Saga of Velaya.

• ElCommi likes this

#11 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,117 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

This one too:  https://41fe5a1fc81e...ollers/wfrp3e/#

..which can be downloaded.

• ElCommi likes this

#12 ElCommi

ElCommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

The other alternative is to kill the Ironbreaker ;)

Haha!

I'll have a think about that one!

Apps are fine and dandy - but they don't "feel" right :P

I prefer the sound of dice bouncing - especially when one lands under the sofa and everyone scrambles to see what it reads!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS