Obtaining and paying followers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Twillera

Twillera

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

In the rule book there are a fair number of abilities which let you interact will followers (give them hatred and so on). I cant seem to really find anything on followers though. How does one obtain a follower? Secondly, how does one keep a follower. A cleric may get the monthly income to pay someone, but someone such as a guardsman command, who gets drastically less gelt, would have a hard time getting anything done if they have to put part of their wage into paying followers. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

#2 doomande

doomande

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

I think that the rules that you look for are in the Inquisitors handbook. There are the rules for gaining followers at least.

Sure some say blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne... I say muffins for the muffin god! Derp for the master derper!

#3 Twillera

Twillera

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Do you happen to know what page that would be on? Iv taken a look, and other then a few things about increasing disposition, I haven't seen anything.

#4 doomande

doomande

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

Now that I am opening the book can I see that I remembered wrong. I thought that it was followers, not contacts that there was in the book. Or rather that you could have your contacts give your followers, and there being some clear rules about that.

So without any rules for it would I say that it is something that either A) is given as a campaign reward, it being relevant to both the players and the plot. or B) that they get them temporarily at specific parts of a campaign where it is appropriate, them taking the leader role of a squad, a local militia or just giving their team bonuses to the unlucky joes that are in trapped together with the acolytes and now need to defend their position against a smaller cult and their cultists.

• ColArana likes this

Sure some say blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne... I say muffins for the muffin god! Derp for the master derper!

#5 Simsum

Simsum

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

In the rule book there are a fair number of abilities which let you interact will followers (give them hatred and so on). I cant seem to really find anything on followers though. How does one obtain a follower?

My guess is the rules ended up getting cut to keep down the page count, and never made the transition from Black Industries to Fantasy Flight Games.

Secondly, how does one keep a follower. A cleric may get the monthly income to pay someone, but someone such as a guardsman command, who gets drastically less gelt, would have a hard time getting anything done if they have to put part of their wage into paying followers. Any clarification would be much appreciated.

For a house rule you can try this:

Compare the Follower's Spent XP to the PC's Spent XP. For each 20% the Follower costs 100XP.

A Follower can never have more Spent XP than the owning PC.

To bring a Follower along for a session, the owning player must either Burn a Fate Point or spend 100XP

A player can have a number of Followers up to his PC's Fellowship Bonus.

For each Follower after the first, add +100XP to the Follower's cost.

I wouldn't stress the money thing. By RAW there's a strong argument to be made that most Careers can't actually afford to work for the Inquisition, and as far as I'm aware most GMs solve this problem either by giving PCs a stipend from the Inquisition, and/or big bags of mission money.

There's no particular reason you can't make the Inquisition kit out and pay the in-fiction expenses for Followers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS