If you could invent just one card...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

You can take Aragorn, Boromir and Beregond. It's really high starting threat, but you fight easily and with sword that was broken and visionary leadership I managed to quest for 50 (in multiplayer, another player lowered my threat)

Which Boromir? I tried a mono Leadership deck with the same heroes except I had Sam instead of Beregond. Had Faramir ally too, so it got question down pretty hardcore.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#42 koriakin97

koriakin97

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Leadership. With visionary leadership all allies get +1A +1W. I didn't have Faramir as second player had Faramir hero.

#43 PESKPESK

PESKPESK

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

My suggestion:

Epic End
Type: Event Sphere: Tactics
Cost: 1
Response: Choose a hero just killed. Ready hero. At the end of the round, discard hero. If the hero has the printed tactics resorce icon, discard hero at the of next round instead.
Hero is instantly killed if dealt any damage.

’Farewell, Aragorn! Go to Minas Tirith and save my people! I have failed.’ Boromir

#44 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

My suggestion:

Epic End
Response: Choose a hero just killed. Ready hero. At the end of the round, discard hero. If the hero has the printed tactics resorce icon, discard hero at the of next round instead.

’Farewell, Aragorn! Go to Minas Tirith and save my people! I have failed.’ Boromir

#45 PESKPESK

PESKPESK

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

Well, maybe but I want be able to have a more movie like game sometimes. I feel cards like this makes it possible. Some more constructive feedback?

My suggestion:

Epic End
Response: Choose a hero just killed. Ready hero. At the end of the round, discard hero. If the hero has the printed tactics resource icon, discard hero at the of next round instead.

#46 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Good idea.

It could run well with Sneak-attack + Landroval in refresh phase. ^^

But maybe too overpowered with Boromir tactics and Caldara. If they die, you can use this card and after use their abilities.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#47 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

Well, up until now I always wanted some sort of armour attachment that gives Sentinel plus a boost to either defense or hitpoints and I wanted it to be usable on Elrohir and Elrond.

Elven Mail just got revealed so now I need to think of something else that would fit in and compliment my decks perfectly!

#48 Kcall07

Kcall07

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'd love a card like this:

Sword throw. 0 cost tactics event. Discard an attached weapon to deal two damage to an enemy engaged with another player.

An action inspired by the movies maybe, but I think it fits well for the card game as a last resort to save another player.
No man knows what the new day will bring

#49 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 AM

Good idea. ^^

#50 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Fun ideas here and so many I can think of..

Trebuche: Tactics attachment 3 cost. Place 2 resources on Trebuche. Forced: Remove 1 resource at the start of each encounter phase. Forced: when all resources are removed deal 3 damage among enemies in the staging area. Place 2 resources on Trebuche.

Skilled with the Bow: Lore event 2 cost. All Noldor and Silvan characters gain Ranged until the end of the phase.

Courageous Sacrifice: Spirit event 2 cost. Response: After a hero is destroyed, discard an ally you control to put that hero back into play with 2 damage.

Reposition: Leadership event 2 cost. Each player may choose an ally they control and put it under the control of another player.

#51 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Trebuche and Courageous Sacrifice are over-powered to me...

Skilled with the Bow is really nice! I love it, good idea. :wub:

Reposition, mmmmh , yes ok ^_^

#52 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Trebuche and Courageous Sacrifice are over-powered to me...

Skilled with the Bow is really nice! I love it, good idea. :wub:

Reposition, mmmmh , yes ok ^_^

Yeah perhaps, they would definitely need to get play tested. but the Trebuche only goes off every other round, does cost a decent amount and may go off at not the best time depending on what enemies are in the staging area that phase. This card sound so fun though!! I really hope we get something like this! :)

As for Courageous Sacrifice, I really think Spirit needs something like this showing their loyalty and courage as described in the rule book. This card could be OP especially since you could comfortably take an undefended and then just discard a cheap ally... so it probably does need some more limitations.

I really like the idea of commanding your army of allies, so giving them all ranged or maybe some temporary defense bonus for a phase would all make for awesome cards.

Edited by Catastrophic09, Yesterday, 04:03 PM.

#53 jormungandr

jormungandr

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

Not really one card, but I would really like quests that are centered around corruption (like the 'betrayal' of Boromir). I could envision a mechanic involving corruption counters, and when a character has, say, two or three times its willpower in corruption counters, it would engage the first player. You could get corruption counters by getting attacked by a nazgul or something.

#54 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted Today, 06:36 AM

I always have thought it is the threat side of the game.

#55 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Posted Today, 06:40 AM

Not really one card, but I would really like quests that are centered around corruption (like the 'betrayal' of Boromir). I could envision a mechanic involving corruption counters, and when a character has, say, two or three times its willpower in corruption counters, it would engage the first player. You could get corruption counters by getting attacked by a nazgul or something.

Dude, just wait for the Road Darkens.

• Catastrophic09 and PsychoRocka like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS