• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

...what would it be?

I've always thought that it would be pretty cool if you could turn an ally on the table into a fully-fledged hero. Maybe you could have an event called "leading by example" or something like that, which would let him step up and replace another hero when they die, so you'd still only have a maximum of three.

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

I think it would be cool to have a card that lets you build a fortification or something along those lines. I imagine this would fit well with Gondor.

• OnkelZorni, danpoage, Olorin93 and 1 other like this

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

an event card - the artwork would be the front door and garden of bag end... it would be titled something like "what to do with the time that is given to us"  ..basically it would be a 'hope' card, in the most critical part of the game that would give a huge boost but at the large cost... for those times where you want to win at all costs

perhaps...

Cost 0

discard all allies and attatchments from play, then give 1 hero X willpower, where X is the cost of all cards disarded

• Ana, Olorin93 and Aiwendil like this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#4 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Honey Cakes

0 Cost

Lore Attachment

Item. Food.

Attach to a character.

Action: Discard Honey Cakes to give attached character +1 Willpower, +1 Attack and +1 Defense until the end of the phase. You may discard a Condition attachment from that character.

• eucatastrophe likes this

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'd like to see artifacts and things in the encounter decks. We have them in Saga boxes but they are very powerful. 

The thing is the classic RPG style thing with questing and all that is often about collecting loot and stuff. So I would like to see this done somehow in the game. Searching dead bodies for loot as a exhaust action or something to get a axe or sword that is unique to that enemy or w/e. Maybe make the fated or somthing to limit them.. so the new axe can only last so long.

Edited by booored, 27 June 2014 - 05:35 PM.

• OnkelZorni, Cunir, Gizlivadi and 3 others like this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Arwen hero. Spirit. Forced: this heroine kicks @$$ and the controlling player wins the game.
  • DurinIII and Aiwendil like this
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#7 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Well, Arwen was not that capable in the books to be honest :P

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#8 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Se wasn't really described in the books because she would have stolen the story. And Sam was embarrassed about his secret Elven crush.

It happens.

#9 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'd like to see artifacts and things in the encounter decks. We have them in Saga boxes but they are very powerful. 

The thing is the classic RPG style thing with questing and all that is often about collecting loot and stuff. So I would like to see this done somehow in the game. Searching dead bodies for loot as a exhaust action or something to get a axe or sword that is unique to that enemy or w/e. Maybe make the fated or somthing to limit them.. so the new axe can only last so long.

If you want to emulate looting an enemy without actually adding loot cards, you could have an ally with the ability: "Response: after you defeat an enemy, exhaust this ally to draw a card." Definitely not what you were hoping for but it's still pretty nice.
  • OnkelZorni likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#10 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

that looting idea is quite cool. maybe it could just be something easy like turning over the top card of your player deck after you kill someone. if it's an attachment then keep it, otherwise you discard it.

that is probably way too easy though, so how about turning over the "nth" card, where "n" is the engagement cost of the enemy. that would stop people scrying their deck and making it too easy.

#11 blinky

blinky

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

You could do that with an attachment that says something like:

Action: Discard X facedown cards from attached hero to give +X attack until the end of the phase.

Response: When attached hero destroys an enemy, you may attach that enemy card facedown to attached hero.

Similar to Eagles of the Misty Mountains, but a one-off effect. You could use it to stockpile nasty enemies so they don't reappear in the encounter deck.

Edited by blinky, 28 June 2014 - 05:58 AM.

• PsychoRocka likes this

#12 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Gandalf Hero.

#13 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Guard Dogs

2 cost Ally

0 Willpower

0 Attack

0 Defense

2 Hitpoints

Forced: After an enemy engages you, attach guard dogs to that enemy.

After Guard Dogs attaches to an enemy, it gains: Forced: Deal attached enemy 1 damage. Attached enemy can not attack for the rest of the round.  At the end of the round, discard Guard Dogs from play

Basically its supposed to represent your Heroes letting some guard dogs loose, which jump and snap at an enemy which makes him so focused on dealing with these vicious dogs that he can't attack you.  However, you can kill him while he's distracted with the dogs if you have enough ready soldiers left.  And of course, the dogs have to hurt the enemy a little bit so I added the 1 damage.  At the end of the round, the enemy finally fights off the dogs.....if he is still alive.......

Not sure which sphere though. 

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 28 June 2014 - 09:31 AM.

• Cunir likes this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#14 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

I don't have a lot of card ideas in particular, but I would like to see some further Gondor development. I remember talk on these forums during the AtS cycle that Outlands came out of nowhere and suddenly had more options and synergy than Gondor did. Raven1015 already mentioned a fortification - I would also like an ally like "Trebuchet Guard" - maybe a semi-expensive ally that you could discard to deal damage to each enemy in the staging area (alternatively exhaust and use a hero's resource token of any or one particular sphere for "ammunition"). Gondor really held out long against Mordor; I think siege equipment and defensive mechanisms would be fun to see.

Edited by Olorin93, 28 June 2014 - 10:05 AM.

• Gizlivadi, Catastrophic09 and danpoage like this

#15 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

i would quite like to see more food and meals. stuff that you can eat on your trails, at the end of the round, to cure wounds. maybe mix them with a campfire card as well, to get more benefit out of them.

#16 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Good Meal, Second Breakfast, Miruvor, Cram... only Lembas is missing for our amazing food deck! 

Personally I'd like to see more magic artifacts, either the way boored suggests as encounter "loot", or as player cards. I'd especially like to see more rings, as my dream is to build a ring deck. We could have some of the missing Seven, and of course Lesser Rings like the ones from MECCG (ring of courage, ring of words, ring of nature, etc). One would think that in a cycle called The Ring Maker we would get this, but it seems we're not getting such cards other than Nenya.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 28 June 2014 - 01:43 PM.

• Narsil0420 likes this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#17 Ana

Ana

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Tom Bombadil

• Aiwendil likes this

#18 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Seriously speaking I would like a pair of neutral event cards that would let you play an attachment/ally out of phase from your hand.

Edited by Bullroarer Took, 30 June 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#19 Distractionbeast

Distractionbeast

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Loot cards would be an interesting idea.  Here's a take on it:

They are neutral player cards with 0 cost added to your deck like every other card.  Each has a response condition which must be met to be played.  For example,

Glamdring - (neutral) (0)

loot.  weapon.

Response: after a character you control participates in an attack that destroys a troll enemy, attach Glamdring to one of your heroes from your hand.  Limit 1 loot card per phase.

Attached hero gains +1 (will) and +1 (attack).  If attached hero is Gandalf (hint hint), he gains a (tactics) resource icon.

Or...

Phial of Galadriel (neutral) (0)

loot.  artifact.

Response:  After questing successfully, exhaust Galadriel to attach Phial of Galadriel to an ally committed to that quest.  Limit 1 loot card per phase

Action:  Discard Phial of Galadriel to deal 2 damage to each enemy for each shadow card on it.  Then, discard all shadow cards without resolving them.

This would be a way to incorporate this kind of concept without introducing new mechanics or changing rules.

#20 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

yo dawgz i herd you can find some lootz acrozz da khazad dum and dwarrowdelf quests

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS