Looking to buy in question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 End1e551

End1e551

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

I understand it's desirable to have 2-3 core sets, but how many of each expansion pack would someone need? Is one of each expansion enough? How many of the deluxe expansions would I need?

Sorry if this is a redundant question but my searches only came up with 2-3 core boxes, nothing on the other packs.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 Devon Greatwolf

Devon Greatwolf

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

3 Core sets allow one to possess a complete play set of each "1 of" card in the core.  Each of the expansions come with a complete play set of cards included, so the expansions can be bought as one of's.  This is assuming that one does not want to have multiple decks built simultaneously utilizing the same cards.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Devon Greatwolf, 27 June 2014 - 03:08 PM.

• End1e551 and CommissarFeesh like this

4 X-Wing Core Sets, 2 Imperial Aces, 6 Tie Fighters, 5 Interceptors, 4 Tie Advanced, 2 Bombers, 2 Lamdas, 4 Slave 1's, 1 Tie Defender, 3 X-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 Y-wings, 3 B-wings, 3 YT-1300's, 2 HWK's... Star Wars LCG - 2 Core Sets, 2 EoD, and all expansions through current; Android: Netrunner LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; A Game of Thrones LCG - 2 Core Sets and all expansions through current; Elder Sign w/Unseen Forces, Eldritch Horror w/Foresaken Lore, Warhammer Fantasy: Disk Wars with all current expansions

#3 End1e551

End1e551

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Thanks Devon. Picked up 2 cores and one of everything else. Might grab another core down the road if we feel we need it. Got some time set away this weekend for some games. Really looking forward to it!
  • Devon Greatwolf likes this

#4 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

Wow, talk about jumping in with both feet!

I'd advise playing a few games with just the Core set cards if you're new to the game, just to get a feel for everything before you start deckbuilding. Feel free to disregard if you're already familiar with it though. Welcome to the game!

• End1e551 and Devon Greatwolf like this

#5 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

I understand it's desirable to have 2-3 core sets, but how many of each expansion pack would someone need? Is one of each expansion enough? How many of the deluxe expansions would I need?

Sorry if this is a redundant question but my searches only came up with 2-3 core boxes, nothing on the other packs.

One of each expansion is enough for one person to have any one Runner Deck and any one Corp Deck (this is also true for the Deluxe Expansions). If you're the kind of person who likes to have multiple different decks and play the game from a variety of angles, you may find some cards (such as Plascrete Carapace and Jackson Howard) that you want to put into multiple decks, which may lead you to buy additional copies of those expansions.

#6 End1e551

End1e551

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

Wow, talk about jumping in with both feet!

I'd advise playing a few games with just the Core set cards if you're new to the game, just to get a feel for everything before you start deckbuilding. Feel free to disregard if you're already familiar with it though. Welcome to the game!

Ya, I'm OCD when it comes to collectible's with expansions. Seemed like a great game and I got the go ahead from the boss (wife) so I took the jump! Will do as you suggest though and get familiar with the game before adding in the extras.

One of each expansion is enough for one person to have any one Runner Deck and any one Corp Deck (this is also true for the Deluxe Expansions). If you're the kind of person who likes to have multiple different decks and play the game from a variety of angles, you may find some cards (such as Plascrete Carapace and Jackson Howard) that you want to put into multiple decks, which may lead you to buy additional copies of those expansions.

Just plan on playing two decks, one each for the boss (wife) and I. She's big on the hacking so will take over that portion of cards and leave me with the corp stuff.

#7 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Just plan on playing two decks, one each for the boss (wife) and I. She's big on the hacking so will take over that portion of cards and leave me with the corp stuff.

You will eventually find that one of you always wins. You need to play both sides to properly understand the game.

#8 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

confession--I did find a discounted copy of Creation & Control and bought a 2nd one just to have more Clone Chips, Daily Casts, Dirty Laundries and Same Old Things. 

I like to have multiple decks assembled at the same time, I get bored easily. Not a recommendation at this point in the card pool as there's been a whole other cycle and additional Deluxe released since then.

Edited by Grimwalker, 01 July 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#9 End1e551

End1e551

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Two decks (one of each) should be fine for my use. If I want to play a tournament it will be without my better half, so I can franken-mash my cards together to suit my needs. Afterwards I can always rebuild the bosses deck and mine as well.

Edited by End1e551, 01 July 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#10 otomo

otomo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

You'll just need 1 xpac wise then. I wanted a deck of every faction, so... that upped that a bit since I needed a few more Jackson Howards and Plascretes :) 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS