My Acrylic Click Tracker (Tokens Too)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dergidan

Dergidan

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

You may have seen these elsewhere on the net, but since not everyone reads every group I'd like to share a couple photos here. (If you'd like one of these I have a kickstarter project here).

The guys in my local group and I use them and wouldn't play without them anymore. I think it's the best click tracking solution out there (of course, I made them, I'm biased). I've also made a set of tokens I know a lot of folks have tokens already, but I wanted to try my own designs. There have been a lot of folks who like them as well.

Comments/suggestions welcome!

10403115_1429091450699035_23938501297240

10458806_1429091157365731_88852390956094

Edited by Dergidan, 27 June 2014 - 08:24 AM.

• CommissarFeesh likes this

Dennis

@AzogamesDennis

www.facebook.com/azogames

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

I have no idea how that click tracker is supposed to work. Is each slider supposed to have 2 positions or more than two?

Edited by etherial, 27 June 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#3 Dergidan

Dergidan

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

You cover the action as you take it from left to right. When you're done, it's set up for your opponent's turn. The third position in the photo is only move halfway to try to show how the sliders work. There's a video clip of it on my Facebook page here.

Dennis

@AzogamesDennis

#4 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

OK, that makes sense. I still prefer the method that puts the Click Token on the Server being Run or on the card being Installed.

#5 otomo

otomo

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

I love the click tracker. Definitely going in on this, but $30,000 is a lofty goal (I do hope you get it, like what you're doing!). Will you make these available if this doesn't hit?  

#6 Dergidan

Dergidan

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Thanks!

I know it's a high goal, but I worked the numbers many times and it's the lowest I could go to get the equipment I need. If it doesn't fund, I won't have the equipment to make anything on a large scale.

I might be able to relaunch later, perhaps next summer, if I can find a way to have a lower goal, and if I can get better word of mouth going. I'll ask anyone who backed if they would like to be on a mailing list un case I find another way to do it.

Dennis

@AzogamesDennis

#7 Kilazar

Kilazar

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:04 AM

Thanks!

I know it's a high goal, but I worked the numbers many times and it's the lowest I could go to get the equipment I need. If it doesn't fund, I won't have the equipment to make anything on a large scale.

I might be able to relaunch later, perhaps next summer, if I can find a way to have a lower goal, and if I can get better word of mouth going. I'll ask anyone who backed if they would like to be on a mailing list un case I find another way to do it.

Have you thought about outsourcing your build process? I know of several token makers that have done that. And the cost is waaaaaaay smaller. Their only obligation is the design and plans.

I'd love to see your click tracker get going. But 30k is a pretty unrealistic goal for such niche games. And the alternate uses (like life tracker for magic etc) already have a plethora of other comparable offerings.

Maybe when you relaunch you'll have something on your list that is not so niche, and will enable you to fulfill both the niche and the mainstream demand.

I LOVE your tracker, and I'm pretty sad that the trend is not looking good for you. I really want the hacker omega set. And like 3 fat pack, and 3 expansion box inserts. Not to mention the x-wing tokens.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS