#1 JeremyBarnhill

JeremyBarnhill

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

So I was thinking of basing a build off this combo:

OGP+Adv Sensors+HLC+Gunner
Black Squadron Pilot+Wingman

The idea being the shuttle takes the "stop" move and uses the AdvSens to keep its action, then the BSP intentionally overlaps and then strips the stress at the beginning of the combat phase.

Then just repeat.

So I guess my main question is is this abusing the rules or a valid tactic? Before I work on the rest of the squad I just want some thoughts on the "bs" factor.

#2 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

Valid. But shuttles lack manoeuvrability so you would want to spring this onto someone and then have a backup plan on getting out of it, else you will find your shuttle flanked real quickly.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 3 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#3 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

My opinion is that you pay too much for a stationary 4 attack dice. That's 52 pts if counting the BSP that will get stuck with it. It's easy to outmaneuver and will go down easily once the opponent decide to get rid of it. So, if I were to go against it, I would first get rid of the rest of the team out of range of the shuttle. If she decide to come close, she's then easy to flank. That's a 36 pts easy to take in a tournament. 

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#4 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

I was toying around with this idea during the Kissimmee regionals, not using a gunner and calling it the HLC Emplacement. One important thing to remember is that the thing doesn't have to STAY stationary, the combo can move up the board and make some turns before setting up, and so long as the BSP stays alive it can move and reposition, then set up the emplacement again. 47 points for the emplacement combo leaves room for Howlrunner with Stealth, Backstabber, and Dark Curse to fly up the other side of the board. That should give the shuttle time to get some extra hits down as the opponent focuses down the TIE flight. Or, he ignores the TIEs and goes for the shuttle, while your TIEs light him up from behind

#5 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 640 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

Not a bad idea. Means you can 2 Turn repeatedly as well! Which actually makes it MORE manueverable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS