X-Wings, B-Wings, or Z-95s?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gundamv

gundamv

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Which would you use in your builds, in what circumstances/builds, and why?

#2 PhrisbeePhul

PhrisbeePhul

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

I'm def going to throw together a Headhunter pseudo swarm with assault missiles and munitions failsafe and go Tie swarm hunting. I think the named z-95 pilot would be a good compliment in a build with Biggs, maybe take the place of a rookie pilot. His special ability would be great at stripping any stealth devices riding around out there. 

so...

Lt. Blount (17)

Biggs Darklighter (25)

Dagger Squadron Pilot (24) x2

just spitballing here…maybe add a stealth device on biggs…R2-D2 maybe? open to other suggestions. 

• Ghaerdon likes this

1 Tanitive IV, 1 GR-75, 3 X-wings, 5 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 5 Z-95s, 3 E-wings, 1 HWK-290

2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lamda-Class shuttle, 8 TIE fighters, 6 TIE interceptors, 1 TIE advanced, 1 TIE bomber, 4 TIE Phantoms, 3 TIE Defenders

I've spent entirely too much on this game...

#3 bobbywhiskey

bobbywhiskey

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Make one bwing a blue, put advance sensors on both and assault missle on blount. That's 99 pts. Deadeye would be a pretty good option for 1 pt on blount. maybe the anti 3 hit droid on biggs, but i'd prob prefer deadeye. This squad wouldn't care about initiative. Except maybe blount, but deadeye is better for that anyway.

• PhrisbeePhul likes this

#4 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

When I play rebels, I usually include at least one B-Wing for their toughness, firepower and reliability. A Blue Squadron Pilot cost only 22pts and unless you play badly or the dice aren't with you, it will pay itself. Their upgrade variety is also nice, and will be even better once you can get a crew in too.

Once the Chardaan Refit hit the table, I'll probably switch it for the A-Wing as filler. Definitely, from a Star Wars Universe point of view, my favorite rebel ship.

Hmmm...

Blue Squadron with HLC and a Prototype Pilot with CR comes to 44 pts, that leaves enough points to fill the blank and gives you a flanker and a Heavy Hitter... not bad.

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#5 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

I prefer the X-Wing, is more stable in all stats, and have a good maneuvers, but when I need stronger ship, I use B-Wings, it could put in a good position to fire more quickly tan others, and Z-95 Headhunters I don't play yet, so I can't give my opinión, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#6 PhrisbeePhul

PhrisbeePhul

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

So to this straight red castle, you're looking at Blount, dark lighter, a dagger squadron with heavy laser cannon and a prototype pilot with the chadraan retrofit?

...that sounds like a lot of fun...

1 Tanitive IV, 1 GR-75, 3 X-wings, 5 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 4 A-Wings, 1 YT-1300, 5 Z-95s, 3 E-wings, 1 HWK-290

2 Firespray-31s, 1 Lamda-Class shuttle, 8 TIE fighters, 6 TIE interceptors, 1 TIE advanced, 1 TIE bomber, 4 TIE Phantoms, 3 TIE Defenders

I've spent entirely too much on this game...

#7 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

I dropped a 26 point B-wing from my tournament build to slap an R7 on my X-wing, and filled the points with 2 Bandits. That squad worked really well the only time I've flown it so far. They appear to be a not much less tanky X-wing (one of them survived two rounds of fire from Wedge and a shot from Biggs before going down to the second Biggs shot) that also deal slightly less damage (they really put the hurt on Luke.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS