End of Phase Conflicts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

If there are multiple End of Phase effects that occur, does the first player decide the sequence?

An example was someone playing Salladhor Saan - end of the standing phase, the player with the most standing characters claims 2 power

I am first player - at the start of the standing phase I bring out Fiery Kiss and put a character into play ... the character needs to be discarded at the end of the phase - I will now have the most standing characters at the end of the phase, if I can do the End of Phase for Salladhor before Fiery Kiss

(Would the character bought in for Fiery Kiss be standing in moribund anyway?)

#2 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

(Would the character bought in for Fiery Kiss be standing in moribund anyway?)

Yep.  The character will remain in play until after all passive effects have resolved.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:23 AM

In answer to the general question, if there is a conflict in "at the end of the phase" effects, the first player will decide the order. Note that "until the end of the phase" lasting effects wear off before "at the end of the phase" passives activate.

#4 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thanks Bomb .. but I still want to know about the end of phase, whether first player decides

The moribund factor of Fiery Kiss just means my example wasn't any good!

How about Battle of Oxcross and someone who has not won a Mil challenge but has put Khal Drago into play for the phase

Could the first player determine that the kills for Oxcross occur before Khal is returned to hand

#5 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

thanks ktom - posting crossed :)

#6 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Sorry I misunderstood.  I thought you were asking a question specific to Salladhor Saan in which case did not have a conflict.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS