Black Bodyglove

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

So me and my GM have disagreed and I decided to ask you guys, cause you would probably know better :)
Is there a helm or anything like that with the Black Bodyglove? Does it cover my face? I mean, I am an Assassin, so it should do something like that, right?
Thank you for your answers :)

Edited by Leo71, 26 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

I'm not aware of any "Black Bodyglove" in the system, but assuming you mean the Mask Bodyglove, that's a no; it specifically only covers Body, Arms and Legs. I personally find that a bit odd, though, considering how for example Vindicare Assassins are routinely depicted being covered in a complete bodyglove, including the head (although I can see how the visor and such might be additional equipment not encompassed by things such as Advanced Helmet Systems).

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#3 Leo71

Leo71

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Page 26, core rulebook, Assassin:

"Starting Gear: Shotgun and 12 shells or hunting rifle
and 16 rounds or autogun and 1 clip, sword, knife, compact
las pistol and 1 charge pack or 10 throwing knives, 3 doses
of stimm, charm (corpse hair), black bodyglove (Common
Quality Clothing)
."

Quote from the book :)

And yeah, I mean something like that at least? : https://lh4.googleus...-628117712.jpg 

#4 Drath

Drath

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

I would say it would have a face mask if the individual assassin wanted a face mask. After all, some might like the enemy to know their face before they die to spread fear or because they're just plain psycopaths, whereas others might want their face hidden also for a different kind of fear or for the practicality of the enemy not knowing their face when they're infiltrating.

• Lynata likes this

'Cynic' Brooker of the Saurian Survivors.

Corvo, Chief Of Arms for the royal Emperors ship 'Glorious Might'.

And, GM of all the above.

#5 Lynata

Lynata

• Members
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

If it's just Clothing, I think it would be only fair to allow the player to determine its exact look. Just like (I assume) you would do with other rather general descriptions of this item type. :)

• Darth Smeg, Fgdsfg and Drath like this
current 40k RPG character: Aura Vashaan, Astromancer Witch-Priestess
previous characters: Captain Elias (Celestial Lions Chapter -- debriefed), Comrade-Trooper Dasha Malenko (1207th Valhallan Ice Warriors -- KIA), Sister Elana (Order of the Sacred Rose -- assassinated), Leftenant Darion Baylesworth (Rogue Trader Artemisia -- retired), Taleera "Raven" Nephran (Hive Ganger & Inquisitorial Assassin -- mindwiped)

#6 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

If it's just Clothing, I think it would be only fair to allow the player to determine its exact look. Just like (I assume) you would do with other rather general descriptions of this item type. :)

This. It's just clothing, without straight-up mechanical benefits. There's no reason the player wouldn't be allowed to define how it looks, within reason. A bodyglove is pretty much a skintight suit that is meant to keep exactly things like hair from getting in the way of an optic alarm trigger and stuff like that.

Likewise, since it's an item completely without stats or actual description, it is also up to the GM to define when there's any contention, which is why I prefer it when there's even a small description even for fluff items ("Set of Basic Tools" from Only War, anyone?). While I think that it's completely reasonable to let a player define what it is, the call is ultimately up to the GM, even if he decides that a "Black bodyglove" is a pink bodyglove designed by the Black Corporation.
  • Lynata and pearldrum1 like this

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS