CardGameDB - New Deck Builder

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Card Game Database has released a major update to its deck editor... if you haven't been using it, then it might be a good time to go check it out!

For those that do not know FFG bought CGDB at last GenCon and they have been slowly working on creating a modern community site with spoilers and deck builders. So there are lots of changes that are finally starting to appear. This is one of them!

Anyway, head over to CGDB and say hi... This site uses the same forum software (no coincidence) So the deck exports can be pasted directly into threads here!

LoTR Online Deck Builder Announcement @ Card Game Database

• klaymen_sk, karagh, tomtom and 1 other like this

#2 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

I enjoy the old LotR LCG deckbuilder too much to appriciate the new one.

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

I use Zorbec's Deck builder stand alone application. All other decks builders suck in comparison. 

Edited by booored, 26 June 2014 - 01:54 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:39 AM

Works really well! Thanks for your work! It's nice to see the graphs updating instantly and actually working!

The only thing I would change is the Deck Type options. They don't seem to fit LOTR very well. For instance, I made a two hero secrecy deck and couldn't figure out which tag to use...

Edited by Narsil0420, 26 June 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#5 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

I use Zorbec's Deck builder stand alone application. All other decks builders suck in comparison.

For me, the deck builder has to be online or be built to work with OCTGN, including pulling its data from the OCTGN database on my computer. Online allows me the flexibility to build decks from anywhere without needing to install an app and that keeps he decks all in one accessible place.

If I'm going to use an installed app, then I need access to OCTGN's database on my computer because I often "proxy" spoiled cards, and I also need the deck files to be usable by OCTGN in order for me to not need to manually recreate the deck in OCTGN in order to use it.

So no matter how good that deck builder is, if it doesn't fit those criteria, it isnt worth it. Not for me anyway.

Edited by joezim007, 26 June 2014 - 07:22 AM.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#6 TwiceBornh

TwiceBornh

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Tried to create an account on CardGameDB yesterday to check out the deck builder tools, but still have not received the validation e-mail that was supposed to be sent, even though after a few hours I made another request that it be sent. The website indicates that those validation e-mails are supposed to be sent within 10 minutes, and I've checked my junk/spam folders, but still nothing.

So I currently am unable to post or respond to posts.

I'm assuming those validation e-mails are supposed to be auto-generated by the system, but maybe I'm wrong? Has anyone else had issues with this?

I have e-mailed the site administrator and am still awaiting a reply (I realize that it's the weekend, the admin may have a lot of things on his plate, etc., so I'm expecting it could take several days before I get a reply).

#7 Ohnomycocoa

Ohnomycocoa

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

So do our old decks not carry across to this new deck builder ?

#8 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

Sadly mine haven't....

Carlos José Matos

#9 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

The emails should be auto-generated, but there may be issues with the system. As for the decks, you should the able to export and import, but no, he is using separate databases for old and new deckbuilders, so the don't auto transfer.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#10 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

you transfer them exactly how it was explained in the post linked. Try reading it.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#11 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

I can only print my deck on txt format as before, or there are other options?

PS: i also use zorbecs deckbuilder, i think it is the best by far, but i also use cardgamedb one when not at home

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#12 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

I've tried a couple of deckbuilders and found that the CardGameDB one suits my needs best.  I had trouble getting used to Zorbec's and finding what I was looking for in the different windows.

A feature I would like, though, is a feature that lets you filter out cards that you have already used in another deck.  Say I want to make 4 player decks -- I can make deck 1, then when I go to make deck 2 I could access this feature to remove all deck 1 cards from my options while I'm building the second deck.  And so on.  I only have access to 1 set of player cards, and this would make it easier for me to build 4 decks without accidentally using the same cards in two decks.

#13 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

This I like. Thanks for the link!

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

#14 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

I spoke to CBDB devs about deck tags and he is hapopy to add more LoTR specific tags....

So if you want any different tags... then post it here and I'll pass it on.

Secrecy

Quest

Support

Combat

Battle

Siege

Solo

1 of 2 Hands

2 of 2 Hands

1 of 3 Hands

4 of 4 Hands

Anything else you can think of.. besides things like "elves" or other trait specific ones. 

• PsychoRocka likes this

#15 asmeus

asmeus

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

I like that currently the cards you allready have selected are shown in 2 columns. (Previously only one column that you had to scroll).

I'd be very happy, if they would show in 4 columns - Heroes, Allies, Attachments, Events. (If neccessary scrolling to side).

What I'd also like is that I could select not only for what set to filter, but what set to exclude.

(At this moment, not so important, since I don't have only the latest adventure pack, but previously it was a hassle - either trying to ignore all the cards I don't have, or creating huge filter to include the selection of my cards)

Overall I like it very much, currently my number 1 choice.

Edited by asmeus, 08 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#16 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

I spoke to CBDB devs about deck tags and he is hapopy to add more LoTR specific tags....

So if you want any different tags... then post it here and I'll pass it on.

Secrecy

Quest

Support

Combat

Battle

Siege

Solo

1 of 2 Hands

2 of 2 Hands

1 of 3 Hands

4 of 4 Hands

Anything else you can think of.. besides things like "elves" or other trait specific ones. 

Healing

Turtle

Ally Army

These are from the hall of beorn poll to determine what deck strategies most people preferred. The highest voted "tricksey" doesn't really seem like a deck type to me... but turtle and ally army definitely are. Perhaps Staging Area Control could be another one?

#17 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

Healing, Thematic should be in it. Encounter Control.

Turtleing lol lame there is no turtle in this game
  • PsychoRocka likes this

#18 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Healing, Thematic should be in it. Encounter Control.
Turtleing lol lame there is no turtle in this game

Made me laugh =p Perhaps there will be a snapping turtle in Nin-in-Eilph!

#19 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

There is plenty of turtling in this game. 

• PsychoRocka likes this

#20 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

what rubbish.

There is no turtelign in this game. Just because that term ius used in other games doesn't mean you can just use it in this one. It is ridicules. Every turn.. EVERY turn you need to quest... so you do not just "turtle".. witch is means staying put in your "base" and not moving out or attacking or w/e. The very nature of this game means that you have to venture out every turn.. so no there is no turteling.. stop being so sill!

Edited by booored, 13 July 2014 - 03:38 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS