July 3...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

Reading all these responses, I'm feeling pretty good about having not bought the Beta. More to discover.  :)

#42 DM Cojo

DM Cojo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

I just got both today, and am very happy with them.  I never got the beta for exactly the reason stated by others on this thread.  I was ok to wait for the final book, and live vicariously through others and the Order 66 podcast to get my AoR beta thrills....lol.

Production quality is excellent, and even though the rules chapters are overlaps, I still am glad I got the book.

#43 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

I got the beta book and I will get the new CRB eventually once the initial launch hysteria has died off and there are good discounts and Prime offerings on Amazon.  Always good to have a spare rulebook at the table and I love the artwork.  I will probably pick up the GM kit sooner for the new rules.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#44 ScooterinAB

ScooterinAB

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I got the beta book and I will get the new CRB eventually once the initial launch hysteria has died off and there are good discounts and Prime offerings on Amazon.  Always good to have a spare rulebook at the table and I love the artwork.  I will probably pick up the GM kit sooner for the new rules.

Best of luck. I remember pre-ordering Dark Heresy through Amazon and it arrived about 3 months after a friend bought it in store. And 2 years after Rogue Trader dropped, I ordered the rulebook but Amazon dropped the ball and credited my account after reshipping it. Amazon's dealings with FFG are cursed.

#45 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

I've ordered FFG through Amazon before with no problems at all.

#46 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

I don't mind Amazon for something that's been out for a few months, but for getting things ASAP after release, it's craptastic. Currently the discount doesn't matter to me at all since I'm still burning off the >$700 in store credit from my FLGS that I got for trading in my Pathfinder books.

• kaosoe likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#47 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

All these merchants people are buying from direct are on Amazon.  In fact I looked at CoolStuff and I feel bad if anyone ordered from them direct, they were gouging on their S&H on their site.  They weren't charging half as much for shipping on Amazon.

#48 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

See the thing is with Mini Market and Cool Stuff is to buy bulk. Hit the hundred dollar mark and pick up the free shipping. Figure a rule book and GM screen comes to about 60, then it's just a matter of picking up 4 X-Wing minis (which I would have done anyway) and boom - free ship!

But yeah, just buying one book? Mucho no bueno.

• kaosoe likes this

#49 Torg Smith

Torg Smith

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Well, I will be receiving mine on Friday the 11th. I am stoked. :D

Ordered the GM's kit as well.

Edited by Torg Smith, 06 July 2014 - 04:43 PM.

• KRKappel likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS