Wave 12

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 godofcheese

godofcheese

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Wave 4 hasn't been officially released; wave 5 has only just been announced and we've already got wave 6 AND 7 speculation threads. It's moving that quickly that I thought I'd get a Wave 12 speculation thread going before anyone else does.

So, what are we thinking?

/sarcasm

On a serious note, I know that we're all excited, and that we can't help but speculate about wave 6, but can we find, and keep it to 1 or 2 threads please.....

and can the wave 7 .... and 8 ..... and 9 threads please atleast wait untill the wave before them is actually announced.

#2 Eggs

Eggs

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

Or the alternative is that you could just skip the threads you don't want to read, instead of trying to control what other people talk about?
  • evanger, EvaUnit02, stegocent and 2 others like this

#3 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Yes, all of the above.

But this is an excitable discussion forum, so whatchagunna do?

Maybe more useful is to think more broadly about where all this is going. It seems to me that FFG has had a shift in thinking. They began with a wave, then another, then another.... but now they're going gangbusters.

I'm a little concerned, because I don't want them to milk this game to death. At the same time, I see a lot of ways in order to enhance this game with new aspects - definitely including huge ships. (And yes, that third faction as well.)

But what does the seeming ramping up mean? Are they just realizing the games full demand and are trying their damnedest to supply to that demand? Or are they trying the shameless milk because they might have a shorter time horizon that we (or they) would like to see because of Disney's business interests?

#4 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

Or the alternative is that you could just skip the threads you don't want to read, instead of trying to control what other people talk about?

SILENCE YOU!

The God of Cheese speaks.

(Cheese covers eggs, like paper covers rock.)

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein, 23 June 2014 - 12:02 AM.

• stegocent, Eggs and TheMandalorianCandidate like this

#5 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

Jedi training remotes, interrogation droids and an Ewok hang glider

• madquest8 and quasistellar like this

The Sea of Stars will be my home, Under the black flag of freedom

http://lorelei-shipy...blr.com/archive

https://www.shapeway...ric?sort=newest

#6 madquest8

madquest8

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

OOOOOOhhh!  :D

An Ewok hang glider!!! In space!!

You could fit 20 to a list at least and it would be great to be able to officially kill Ewoks!

• stegocent and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

Rebel:  5 X-Wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 YT1300's, 2 HWK-290's, 2 Transports, 2 Corvette's

3 E-Wings (1 painted Trophy Gold), 4 Z-95's

Imperial:  5 TIE's, 7 TIE/In (inc 4 Aces), 1 TIE Adv, 1 Shuttle, 1 Firespray, 5 TIE Bombers, 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders

#7 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:08 AM

But the problem would be that an Ewok with a rock could pretty much take out anything in space

• stegocent likes this

#8 Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Ewoks will have auto-win against Empire.

I hope this is fixed in Wave 13...

• stegocent likes this

#9 Rhinoviru3

Rhinoviru3

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:49 AM

Wave 13 will be an Imperial wave; Death Star has an infinite range secondary weapon attack. OP. Broken, obviously not playtested.

Rebels: 4X, 2Y, 2B, 2A, 2Hwk, 2YT, 1GR-75, 2E, 4Z, 1x YT-2400,
(See my Rebels paint thread here!)

Empire: 5x TIE/ln, 3x TIE/sa, 4x TIE/Int, 1x TIE/A, 1x F-31, 1x Lambda, 3x TIE/Pha, 1x TIE/D
(And my Imperial paint thread here!)

#10 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

This post makes me proud
  • Kerfuffin925 likes this
156,179 of those replies are all from Cubanboy waiting for the next wave release.

Wave 6 coming in ...... Days

#11 madquest8

madquest8

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Rebels.png

Edited by madquest8, 23 June 2014 - 06:24 AM.

• s1n, Revanchist and KILODEN like this

Rebel:  5 X-Wings, 4 Y-wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 YT1300's, 2 HWK-290's, 2 Transports, 2 Corvette's

3 E-Wings (1 painted Trophy Gold), 4 Z-95's

Imperial:  5 TIE's, 7 TIE/In (inc 4 Aces), 1 TIE Adv, 1 Shuttle, 1 Firespray, 5 TIE Bombers, 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders

#12 Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

In wave 13 Ewok will only cost 2 points, auto kill is replaced with dirt balls that only smudge up the windshields of empire ships, causing them to open the hatch and squeegee dirt off, loosing an action.

EMPIRE SHIPS [TIE Fighters(5)] [TIE Interceptor(1)] [Firespray-31(1)] [TIE Advanced(1)] [TIE Bomber(1)]

REBEL SHIPS [X-Wing(3)] [B-Wing(1)] [A-Wing(1)] [YT-1300(1)] [Y-Wing(1)] [HWK-290(1)]

Vaders Redemption

#13 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

The Imperial wave 13 could be all three, (probably closer to 2 and a 1/2) Death Stars as by then they will have changed their minds and reinstated the EU so the Tarkin gun would have existed. But this is in the distant future of 2020 something. So they will be ship sized minis but with hologram generators to give us 1/4 sized Death Stars.

Imagine the heady joy of putting ones Ewok swarm up against the Death Star

Edited by Gosric, 23 June 2014 - 03:54 PM.

• Radarman5 likes this

#14 TheMandalorianCandidate

TheMandalorianCandidate

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Space Troopers! (saw this on another thread a while ago, wish I could remember which user gets the credit...) But seriously, Space Troopers! :)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

#15 Glentopher

Glentopher

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Did you really make a new thread to ask people to stop making new threads? Kudos.

• s1n likes this

#16 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

The way things are releasing, we may end up on Wave 12 around this time next year.

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#17 LipeRJ

LipeRJ

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

Rebels.png

Cool Card! Very expensive but cool!

Wave 13 will be an Imperial wave; Death Star has an infinite range secondary weapon attack. OP. Broken, obviously not playtested.

I seen on wave 6 speculation thread someone saying Death star, Home one and Superstar destroyer would come on wave 13, so not a valid guess for wave 13 :P

Brazilian X-wing Player! 

owned: Rebels: 4 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 GR-75, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300; Empire: 5 Tie Fighter, 3 Tie Interceptors (2 Aces), 1 Tie Advance, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Firespray 31, 1 CR-90, 1 Lambda Class, 1 Hwk-290. Coming: Tie Phantom, Tie Defender, Z-95 Headhunter, E-Wing.

#18 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#19 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Space Troopers! (saw this on another thread a while ago, wish I could remember which user gets the credit...) But seriously, Space Troopers! :)

me

• TheMandalorianCandidate likes this

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#20 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Wave 4 hasn't been officially released; wave 5 has only just been announced and we've already got wave 6 AND 7 speculation threads. It's moving that quickly that I thought I'd get a Wave 12 speculation thread going before anyone else does.

So, what are we thinking?

/sarcasm

On a serious note, I know that we're all excited, and that we can't help but speculate about wave 6, but can we find, and keep it to 1 or 2 threads please.....

and can the wave 7 .... and 8 ..... and 9 threads please atleast wait untill the wave before them is actually announced.

wow, you started a sarcastic post and havnt been reported by the local hall monitor?

you must be something special

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS