Transient resources and character abilities

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Norraf Von Nacht

Norraf Von Nacht

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Ok, so here's the situation... I've got a Lemurian Survivor (I know this is from the CCG and not the LCG, but I bear with me) and I have a rules question I simply cannot find the answer for anywhere.  

Lemurian Survivor reads "Action: pay 1 to return Lemurian Survivor to your hand if it entered your discard pile this phase."

Now, can this be activated if the reason for it entering my discard pile is because I used it as a transient resource? Or, can one only activate that ability if it was a character prior to going into the discard pile?

Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.  :)

#2 jasonconlon

jasonconlon

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

If Lemurian Survivor's condition was "if it entered your discard pile from play" (like Professor Nathaniel Peaslee, Core F24) or "if it left play" then it wouldn't work, but the wording of "if it entered your discard pile" doesn't care how it got there so it would work when used as a transient resource.

Edited by jasonconlon, 21 June 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#3 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

Two cards from other factions with an identical wording have been reprinted in the LCG Core Set:

Visiting Author and Local Sheriff:

http://www.cardgamed...y_38_196646.jpg

http://www.cardgamed...y_38_323157.jpg

I believe in the CCG every faction had such a card. And I'm quite sure they got that Action precisely because they can be used as transient resources.

• jasonconlon likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS