Vassal 2014 Galactic Cup: livecast schedule

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Twitch.tv video link for Theorist vs Rekkon. This is an epic game where Theorist chose a very ballsy list to face off against Rekkon's ion cannon/turret heavy Rebel list. It comes all the way down to the wire. Things start around 40 seconds in, and end around the 2:29 mark.

The second game Dom v Tex will be published later; there were some technical glitches with my headset.

#42 zhentil

zhentil

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

i wish i could watch these but all i get is green and pixlated images.

#43 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I think the issue might be on your side - I confirmed that it is working on a couple of other people's computers.

On the Dom-v-Texx game, the video is broken into 3 parts; the audio glitches out towards the end of the first part, throughout the 6 minutes of the second part, and for the first minute or so of the third part.  Argh.  But video is fine :-)

#44 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:56 AM

i wish i could watch these but all i get is green and pixlated images.

Check if you have everything up to date, because it is working for me.

#45 zhentil

zhentil

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Do i need flash player or something like that

#46 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:53 AM

I was able to catch parts of the 2nd game last night. Very exciting.

At one point Kelvan referenced the Regional Thread and that it summarizes the meta differences between wave 3 and wave 4. I went ahead and put this info directly into the Statistics post to make it easier to find: http://community.fan...ults/?p=1066846

Right now it only has squad archetype categories, but I'll eventually add more.

Wave 4 result have also been consolidated here: 

http://community.fan...ults/?p=1066845

#47 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

We're broadcasting a top 8 game tonight at 8 pm-ish CST: Rurouni vs Dom! Rurouni finished second at the big FFG regional this year, so we're in for a fun match up: what will Rurouni bring against the dangerous dancing alabaster hippos: the XXYYB build that took him to the final table at FFG's regionals, or his Lando Sings the Blues build

Joining me in the broadcast booth will be Piqsid, and one other player to be named later!

• EvilEd209 likes this

#48 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

and one other player to be named later!

It's 2012 World Champion, Doug Kinney!

• MajorJuggler likes this

#49 EvilEd209

EvilEd209

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

DUDE!  I am totally checking in now!  Doug rocks!

#50 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Can't make it tonight. Any chance this one will end up on YouTube

#51 Texx

Texx

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'll have company over, but I think i may have to sneak away often to watch it live as much as I can ;)

#52 sozin

sozin

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

It will definitely end up on Twitch (here's the rest of 'em).  turns out that twitch's "upload to youtube' feature limits you to a 2 hour upload, so I'm going to try to stop and restart the broadcast tonight right around the 2 hour mark in case it has to be brken up into two parts.

#53 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

It will definitely end up on Twitch (here's the rest of 'em).  turns out that twitch's "upload to youtube' feature limits you to a 2 hour upload, so I'm going to try to stop and restart the broadcast tonight right around the 2 hour mark in case it has to be brken up into two parts.

Perfect.  A week ago the previous matches weren't on your twitch channel.  Now they are.  That works well enough for me.  Any word on how long they will stay up on twitch?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS