Switching from WEG d6 to EotE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

After several delays this Sunday I will be running "Escape from Mos Shutta" followed by "The Long Arm of the Hutt". My players are very excited; I lent them the beginner's rulebook and the character folios that they selected. Now I'm checking out the expanded Mos Shutta posted by Adamageuk. I want to really flesh out Mos Shutta and its people.

The players are long time RPG veterans so I can enhance the NPC's behavior and presence without fear of them not following the adventure "on the rails".

Are there any worries in these beginner adventures or suggestions to enhance the story or NPCs? Anything that will make the experience more fun and/or immersive is welcome.

Edited by Midnight_X2, 18 June 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#2 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

After they begin to understand the dice mechanics, make sure you let them make decisions and describe Triumphs and Advantages. Don't hog it for too long giving examples since they are new. Heck, even consider letting them choose what happens with Despair and Disadvantages if they wish (instead of yourself) if they are doing it correctly and not abusing it. I think this is the most important aspect of the game - getting them involved with creating the narrative. That's the real fun and investment in this system, in my humble opinion.

• Midnight_X2 and Josep Maria like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS