Vortex worlds

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

Oh I don't mind, i put them up there for people to use. Thanks for liking them!

Oh yeah people looking for more inspiration check out Realms of chaos: Slaves to darkness. Especially the bits of Liber mallific acompanied by those beautifull one page art pieces by Ian Miller.

One of my favorites is the "Inevitable city" :

a city twisted and warped by chaos will apear at the far horizon and when one tries to get away from it it will shift and always be in front of the traveller and slowly coming closer. Hence one is doomed to inevitably enter the city. Unless one walks towards it. Ugh reverse logic chaos makes my head hurt.

#22 Drhoz

Drhoz

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Jack Vance's "The Moon Moth" features a world that can easily be turned into a chaotic settlement

Edwer Thissell, the new consul from Earth to the planet Sirene, has trouble adjusting to the local culture. The Sirenese cover their faces with exquisitely crafted masks that indicate their social status or strakh. They also communicate by singing, accompanying themselves with one of a dozen musical instruments, selected based on the social situation. Furthermore, errors of etiquette may prove fatal. The plenitude provided by the planet fosters individualism and the free time leads to intricacy in all aspects of Sirenese social life. Thissell is a maladroit musician and lacks confidence in the alien society, so he is forced to wear a lowly Moon Moth mask.

One day, he receives an alert to arrest a notorious assassin named Haxo Angmark, who is due on the next starship. Thissell, however, gets the message too late. He races to the spaceport, but Angmark, thoroughly comfortable with Sirenese customs, has already landed and disappeared. Thissell commits a number of serious social blunders in his haste to reach the spaceport and in enquiring after Angmark.

The next morning, Thissell is shown the body of an outlander. He concludes that, since the fugitive would be unable to pass himself off as a native, Angmark must have killed and taken the place of one of the handful of expatriates on the planet. But since even they wear masks, how is Thissell to know which one?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS