tips on flying chewie and 2 b-wings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

hi i have a  upcomming event where i think i will be taking chewie with some upgrades and two blue squadron b-wings with fire control

any tips on flying this would be much apreciated as i have not flown a han sho first type of squad before

#2 iPeregrine

iPeregrine

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Chewie is your game-winner, the b-wings are just meatshields that hope to do some damage before they die. So lead with your b-wings and force your opponent to choose between exchanging range-1 fire with 16 HP, or taking long-range shots at 13 crit-immune HP with evades/C-3P0/etc. Your goal is that by the time they've finished off the b-wings you've done some damage and broken up their formation, and you can spend the rest of the game flying circles around them and killing stuff with the turret.

#3 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

thanks =)

#4 Whatawookie

Whatawookie

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

When setting your dials, don't be afraid of your B's executing red maneuvers.  The 1-turn, 3-bank- and 2-K are all very useful and you should not hesitate to use them.  Gauge which of your ships your opponent is focusing early, (which is easier with fewer ships) and you can predict his movements.  Engaging with all your firepower while you're only taking half of his potential shots could win you the game on round 3.

#5 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

It's a very forgiving list. Right now, if I were modifying my old Chewie+Blues list I'd be doing something like this:

* Chewbacca + Gunner + C-3P0 + Millennium Falcon
* Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire Control System
* Blue Squadron Pilot + Fire Control System

I agree with Whatawookie: your B-wings shouldn't be afraid of red on their dial, or of barrel rolling. Fire Control means that as long as you're focusing fire, you get a free target lock anyway, and that should open up a lot of choices for you.

As for Chewie, keep him on the edge of combat when you can, and it can help to try flying perpendicular to your opponent's likeliest direction of attack: you may end up dodging some arcs, you may be able to get behind your opponent, and you'll get your own attacks anyway.

Oh--and don't forget to fly casual.

#6 DarkGuard

DarkGuard

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

will be flying casual. i am going for the alt art card and there are enough for just entering the competition so im just flying for funs =D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS