Basic Objective set question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Daenarys

Daenarys

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I am brand new to Star Wars as an FFG and have not even played a game yet although i have read alot material.

There is often references to having x2 of a particular objective set .

Is 2 the maximum of each objective set in each deck allowed ? Is this mentioned in the core rulebook, if so where ?

I assume the restricted list reduces this to 1 / deck

I have seen some games with x8 objective sets and some with x10 which means there were 48 and 60 card decks. Is there a min/max / deck ? Am i correct in stating that deck sizes will always increase by 6 cards at a time ?

Thanks

#2 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

There is a limit to 2 of a given objective set in a deck (don't have the rules directly in front of me for a page number, but it's in the deck building section). The exception is any objective that says limit one per objective deck (eg Reconassaince Mission).

The restricted list is something different. If your deck may only have one of the objectives on the restricted list, though it may still have the maximum number of copies of that objective. There are currently only 2 objectives on the list (False Report and Against All Odds). You can have up to 2 copies of either of those objectives, but you cannot have a deck with both of them in any quantity.

When building decks, you need a minimum of 10 objective sets. The intro decks detailed in the core rules are smaller at 8 objective sets but are for introductory purposes only and not for custom deck building. They would not be legal decks at a tournament.

You are correct that deck size increases by 6 cards at a time. Specifically, by 1 card in the objective deck and 5 cards in the command deck.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

You are correct that deck size increases by 6 cards at a time. Specifically, by 1 card in the objective deck and 5 cards in the command deck.

Yeah, this is important to keep in mind. You have two decks: a command deck and an objective deck. The command deck has your units, events, enhancements, and fate cards. Command decks are typically 50 cards corresponding to 10 objective sets, but you may see decklists with 11 or 12 objective sets corresponding to 55 or 60 cards in the command deck respectively. But you'll never see a 52-card command deck.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 Daenarys

Daenarys

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

Thanks for the answers that helps alot

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS