Photo

Am I the Only Person Excited about the Barrow Downs?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

I'm happy that they're tying some of the POD stuff into the campaigns. I'll have to look into getting these when they come out, should be fun! Plus, anything that links the scenarios and gives some continuity to different quests (more narrative FTW) is good in my book.

#22 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 761 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

I'm happy that they're tying some of the POD stuff into the campaigns. I'll have to look into getting these when they come out, should be fun! Plus, anything that links the scenarios and gives some continuity to different quests (more narrative FTW) is good in my book.

In theory I love that they are making all these quests linked and expanding on one campaign, but I never have the time to play more than 2 games at once, so this has no real effect on me. If I played the game a lot more, then I'd have more chance to try all the quests, so I think I'd be more excited for new quests, but I have yet to play more than 2/3 of the quests so far.

In all honesty, I'd be ok with not getting ANY more cards for a while because there are still so many decks and quests I want to try but will never get around to. The biggest reason I get excited about new cards is simply because they spoil them.

I understand that comparitively I'm a casual gamer and FFG can't cater to people like me if they want to stay in business, and Caleb and co. would be sitting around doing nothing if they didn't keep releasing new content.

Anyway, I guess I don't have a real good point to this post... just throwing out my thoughts. Continue with your discussions. :)

• DurinIII and Catastrophic09 like this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#23 Marginal0

Marginal0

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'm also mildly excited about it, and if the other players in the region show themselves it can be a lot of fun. Hopefully the retailer here has the contact data to reach them.

As for the full art Aragorn: I'm not really excited about that. Looks nice, but the movies have pretty much fixed "Aragorn" for me, and he looks nothing like the movie character, but instead some generic human.

@booored:

Yeah, I also want the chapter packs to alternate between player cards and challenges. I base my purchases on the content of the player cards anyway. The game just progresses slow this way (though it's equally expensive).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS