Photo

USED: the Millennium Falcon - For Only 129,700 Credits!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 edisung

edisung

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:03 AM

So I just spent some time tonight having a bit of fun statting out the Millennium Falcon.  Take a look and let me know what you think.

First, I started with the old WEG stats and the basic YT-1300 in the Core (p. 264), Starship Attachments (p. 269-271), and Starship Weapons (p. 229-230).  I found that I didn't really need the additional mods from Dangerous Covenants as everything I needed was in the Core book.

(from WEG)

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Craft: The Millennium Falcon

Type: Modified Corellian stock light freighter

Crew: 2 (minimum)

Passengers: 6

Cargo Capacity: 100 metric tons

Consumables: 2 months

Hyperdrive Multiplier: [x1/2]

Nav Computer: [Yes]

Hyperdrive Backup: [Yes]

Sublight Speed: [4D]

Manueverability: [1D]

Hull: [6D]

Weapons:

Two Quad Laser Canons (fire separately)

Fire Control: [3D]

Damage: [6D]

Two Concussion Missile Tubes (fire linked)

Fire Control: [3D]

Combined Damage: [9D]

One Light Laser Canon

Fire Control: [4D]

Damage: [1D]

Shields:

Rating: [3D]

Then I got to work...

MILLENNIUM FALCON–MODIFIED YT1300 LIGHT FREIGHTER

Silhouette: 4          Speed: 4          Handling: -1

Defense:

Fore: 1          Port: -          Starboard: -          Aft: 1

Armor: 3          Hull Trauma: 22          System Strain: 14

Hull Type/Class: Frieghter/YT-1300.

Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation.

Hyperdrive:  Primary: Class 1, Backup: Class 12.

Navicomputer: Yes.

Sensor Range: Short.

Ship’s Complement: One pilot, one co-pilot/engineer.

Encumbrance Capacity: 165.

Passenger Capacity:  6.

Consumables: Two months.

Cost/Rarity: ® 129,700/5.

Customization Hard Points: 6.

Weapons: One Dorsal and One Ventral Turret Mounted Quad Laser Cannon (Fire Arc All; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Accurate, Linked 3), Ventral Mounted Light Blaster Cannon (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 4; Critical 4; Range [Close]), Concussion Missile Launcher (Fire Arc Forward; Damage 6; Critical 3; Range [Short]; Blast 4, Breach 4, Guided 3, Limited Ammo 3, Slow-Firing 1).

CUSTOMIZATIONS

Smuggling Compartments: Stores items up to 25 Encumbrance per compartment.  This still counts as part of the total encumbrance threshold of ship.  Increases difficulty of checks made to find compartment by +2. (Hard Points 1; 1,400 Credits)

Hyperdrive Generator: Reduces Hyperdrive class by 1, to a minimum of 1. (Hard Points 1; 6,600 Credits)

Advanced Targeting Array: Upgrades the Ability of Gunnery checks when firing the ship’s weapons by one. (Hard Points 1; 4,300 Credits)

Innate Talent (Sniper Shot 1) Mod: (Active [Manuever]; Increases the maximum range of a ranged weapon up to one range band per rank.  For each rank beyond the normal maximum of the weapon, upgrade the difficulty of the check by one [this is in addition to the increased difficulty of the shot due to longer range]).

Innate Talent (True Aim 1) Mod: (Active [Manuever]; Once per round, before the character makes a ranged attack, he may perform a True Aim maneuver.  By performing this maneuver, the character gains all the benefits for aiming and also upgrades his attack roll once per rank of True Aim).

High-Output Ion Turbine: Add one point to a ship’s speed and reduces system strain threshold by one. (Hard Points 1; 5,300 Credits)

Blaster Cannon (Light): (Hard Points 1; 4,000 Credits)

Concussion Missile Launcher: (Hard Points 1; 7,500 Credits, each additional Concussion Missile ® 500 Credits)

I tried to include the prices for the mods with the attachments, but didn't list that it also costs 600 credits to put the six attachments on (getting supplies, etc.) though I did go ahead and add that into the final cost of the MF.

I mainly used the WEG stats just as a jumping off point for the weapons systems that the MF carries.  I ran out of Hard Points to put the Light Blaster Cannon on a turret, but figured that it was the small drop down blaster that is used in the landing bay and therefore would have to account for the landing gear getting in the way.  With it having just the forward 90 degree firing arc, I felt that it allowed for some side-to-side range of fire and might not need the turret after all.

I used the films as sources/justifications for the other attachment choices.  Advanced Targeting Array sounds similar to what Luke and Han use to gun down the TIE fighters escaping from the Death Star I.

The MF is a fast ship.  I increased the Hyperdrive speed to accommodate a 12 parsec trip across the Kessel Run, but also boosted the Ion Drives, being that Han is a smuggler and needs to be able to outrun Imperials to jump to Hyperspace more than others.

Finally, and most obviously, I included the compartments in the floor that allow the adventurers to hide within from Imperial searches.

That's basically it.  So, tell me where I went wrong or what you think could be improved (using RAW as parameters for design).

Cheers!

• Midnight_X2 likes this

#2 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

The two hardest things to fit in, enhanced armor and reinforced shields, don't appear in your version. You're basing it on a ship with 6D Hull and 3D Shields, so not increasing them from the baseline YT-1300 seems like a big oversight.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#3 edisung

edisung

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

i have no idea how 6D Hull and 3D Shields would translate to EotE.  What does that even mean?  I never played the WEG d6 or d20 systems so I am completely ignorant for how they function.  I figured that Han wasn't building a tank, rather a light and nimble smuggling freighter and modded things accordingly.  Like I said, I just used the WEG for an idea of what the weapon systems entailed beyond the Quad Laser Cannons that are obvious.  Frankly, the Concussion Missiles I could drop but they were listed there so I figured Han was probably blowing a lot of **** up in the EU to justify their inclusion.

#4 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

Well shields translate almost directly to the nearest D, the arcs are up to you. The hull for reference, a tie has 2D and a y-wing 4 iirc.

The missiles are canon, lando uses them in return of the Jedi.

I would change the blaster cannon to a light repeating blaster or custom weapon, as WEG lists the one on the falcon as being a smaller scale weapon then the rest of the weapons.

Edited by Ghostofman, 16 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#5 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

I like your interpretation. I for one don't think you MUST exactly mimic what WEG did, just mimic what the movies have shown us. So I'm fine without the extra armor or shields. We need to remember that WEG stats were created by individual authors that had differing opinions like we do and shouldn't be held up as a holy grail to mimic exactly. The choices you made seem spot on to me.

Auto Blaster instead of Light Blast Canon perhaps? I'm not against it being a personal scale Heavy Repeater either, but there is an entire other thread for that discussion.

Edited by Sturn, 16 June 2014 - 05:54 AM.

#6 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Should have some stats about faulty doors.

Also, blech, weg.
  • Sturn and PartTimeGamer93 like this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#7 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

Should have some stats about faulty doors.

Too soon man, too soon. It's still painful for some of us that the movie could get moved back.

I was waiting for some witty statement about the smuggler being too old that even just being around his old ship is dangerous.

#8 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

There isn't any reason they couldn't rewrite for geriatric Han in a repulsor-round.

• kaosoe likes this

#9 ZachAttack

ZachAttack

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

According to Wookiepedia, the Falcon has a class 1/2 Hyperdrive.

I'd just ditch the hyperdrive upgrade and just put the 1/2 in the normal stats.

#10 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

The MF is a fast ship.  I increased the Hyperdrive speed to accommodate a 12 parsec trip across the Kessel Run, but also boosted the Ion Drives, being that Han is a smuggler and needs to be able to outrun Imperials to jump to Hyperspace more than others.

I agree with upgrading the HyperDrive engines, but if you wanted to go that direction then I'd also do an application of the "Jury Rig" talent from Han and add an HP with an additional HyperDrive upgrade (to 1/2).

And then maybe add another application of the "Jury Rig" talent from Chewbacca, and upgrade the shields.

Or, do as suggested by ZachAttack, and dispense with the regular PC-applicable ship rules, and put in whatever you want -- like the HyperDrive upgrades, the shield upgrades, etc....

• edisung likes this

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

"Dice Probability Generator" by Litheon: http://community.fan...lity-generator/

#11 edisung

edisung

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

I hadn't considered the effects of Han and Chewie's tinkering.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• Sturn likes this

#12 ZachAttack

ZachAttack

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Did they actually tinker up their .5 Hyperdrive or did they "borrow' it from somewhere?

I seem to recall it being acquired illegally.

#13 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

According to EU, Han upgraded the Armor, Hyperdrive, Smuggling Comp., Weapons, and Engines.  Lando started on the engines before he lost the ship in the sabaac game the Han played w/ him.  So Han & Chewie went to town on the MF. 

According to our RAW in the EotE, you cant even make the MF because there arent enough HPs for it to work.  You can get close but you will have to sacrifice something.

Armor - 2

Hyperdrive - 2

Engines - 1

Smuggling Comp. - 1

Shields - 1

Auto Rep. Blaster - 1

Concussion Missiles - 1

That's already 9 HPs, and that is not counting Adv. Targeting array & possible the Hydrolics upgrade for Ion cannon blasts. Or possible ECM & other things that will come in later books.

#14 knasserII

knasserII

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:07 AM

I'd avoid the mistake of thinking just because something is famous (or iconic), that it is necessarily really great. Upgrade to speed, definitely. It is after all, the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. But I also recall Princess Leia's line when she sees what they arrived to rescue her in. "You came in that? You're braver than I thought".

I think if you translated the Millenium Falcon into a modern day vehicle, it would be something like this with a custom engine:

fc35a15bcf78548b0d74d04f80711cab.jpg

I always saw Han Solo as something of an Easy Rider anyway - fleeing the law and sticking it to The Man. Remember that the Millenium Falcon is a light freighter. Who goes on a daring rescue into a large military base with a delivery van, anyway? No wonder Leia had reservations. It was pretty much the equivalent of being rescued by a teenager who has a crush on you, the two small time dealers he promised you'd pay for helping out. And your step-dad.
  • Sturn, Haggard and Deve Sunstriker like this

I lack credentials.

#15 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

According to EU, Han upgraded the Armor, Hyperdrive, Smuggling Comp., Weapons, and Engines.  Lando started on the engines before he lost the ship in the sabaac game the Han played w/ him.  So Han & Chewie went to town on the MF. 

According to our RAW in the EotE, you cant even make the MF because there arent enough HPs for it to work.  You can get close but you will have to sacrifice something.

Armor - 2
Hyperdrive - 2
Engines - 1
Smuggling Comp. - 1
Shields - 1
Auto Rep. Blaster - 1
Concussion Missiles - 1

That's already 9 HPs, and that is not counting Adv. Targeting array & possible the Hydrolics upgrade for Ion cannon blasts. Or possible ECM & other things that will come in later books.

While this is true, we also don't know if and when we will get rules for sacrificing cargo for more hardpoints. I also suspect Han and Chewie have some of the talents that add hardpoints to items, devoted to the falcon.
  • edisung likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#16 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

While this is true, we also don't know if and when we will get rules for sacrificing cargo for more hardpoints. I also suspect Han and Chewie have some of the talents that add hardpoints to items, devoted to the falcon.

Not to mention the fact that Superior quality upgrades would perform better and allow you to get more benefit with a lower expenditure of HP.  Add in a couple of ranks of Tinker to create more HPs, and a couple of ranks of Jury Rig for something else, and you've got ... quite a ship.

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

#17 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

Most of the talents you mentioned apply to personal gear (weapons, armor, comlinks, goggles, etc.) rather than to starships/vehicles. The two are distinctly different in this game.

#18 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

Tinkerer does say gear, but i've seen many GMs on here say they would apply it to ships.
Considering all the modifications Han claimed to make, though those adjustments on the door hydraulics rolled a despair, tinkerer is very appropriate in application towards a ship.
  • bradknowles likes this

#19 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Most of the talents you mentioned apply to personal gear (weapons, armor, comlinks, goggles, etc.) rather than to starships/vehicles. The two are distinctly different in this game.

Item Qualities, as described starting on CRB:154 include things like Breach and Tractor, so clearly that list is not meant to be limited to personal-scale items.  In the description for Superior, it doesn't explicitly state that it is applicable to Vehicle or Ship armor, but it does describe its use with personal armor, and the same logic can easily be applied on a larger scale.

Jury Rigged is described on CRB:138, and Tinker is at CRB:145.  Jury Rigged does seem to apply primarily to personal-scale weapons and armor, but again the logic can easily be extended.  The description for Tinkerer is more general, but since the only two places where Hard Points are used are personal-scale armor and ship construction, this one is actually the easiest to explain as being applicable in both types of situations.

Morever, on CRB:269, it explicitly states that attachments and modifications for vehicles and starships follows exactly the same rules as "Chapter V: Gear and Equipment", with the only difference being that it costs ten times as much to apply a modification to a vehicle or starship "... due to their greater size and complexity".

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS