Imperial HUGE Ships...I'm Calling It.

• Please log in to reply
962 replies to this topic

#881 BenderIsGreat

BenderIsGreat

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

I wouldn't mind having one myself. Does it come with stands, Mel?

--

and keep your shirt on...

#882 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Oh, I'm not denying that the Imperial Gozanti doesn't look great as well, Joe.  I just don't think it really "fits" the typical Empire aesthetic (go big or go home), that's all. 

Yeah we do need that big ole hunk of IMP-PIE!

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#883 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Pagefottyfive!

Good question - Mel does have stands in his store, but I think the models are also designed to fit the standard FFG bases & large bases - certainly the couple of prints I've picked up from Mel's Shapeways store work fine with the FFG stands.

The Gozzy is obviously a little bit bigger though, not sure if it would work with the large ship pegs or if it would need the Epic stands...

...are those your dice on the floor?

#884 melminiatures

melminiatures

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

This one doesnt. The only ones that include stands are the Marauder Corvette, Interceptor Frigate and both Nebulon B Frigates. The rest of the ship need to have separate stands (in case you want to buy them in a worse material or if you already have plenty)

#885 DJB

DJB

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Wow Mel that Skipray blastboat looks fantastic.

#886 BenderIsGreat

BenderIsGreat

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

To further spur Imperial huge ship talk, here's a cutter-class vessel, the Intractible.

cutter2.jpg

More photos here: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=20022

I vote that small Imp ships have similar names, like Unreasonable, Inarguable, Unanswerable, Inexcusable and Complete D***.

Edited by BenderIsGreat, 03 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

• aadh, Joe Boss Red Seven, Corellian Corvette and 2 others like this

--

and keep your shirt on...

#887 Breaking The Law

Breaking The Law

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

I vote that small Imp ships have similar names, like Unreasonable, Inarguable, Unanswerable, Inexcusable and Complete D***.

"Lord Vader, the rebels have attacked our secret moon base and stolen the plans for our new fighters, but their hyperdrive was disabled in the assault."

"Very well commander, give them The D"

*cue scene of tie fighters flying in space*

• BenderIsGreat likes this

#888 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

(Inspired by those LITTLE Imperial ship names.)

Now I want to run an Edge of the Empire / "Age of EMPIRE" campaign where the PCs are all Imperials, after the fashion of "Troops" or "Imps."  As in, they're up against generally lawless scum, and occasionally stumbling across domestic incidents rather than serving under a cackling, gleefully-evil Sith type and having to commit casual genocide or whatnot, and their run-ins with the occasional Rebels (or "Rebel wannabes") would be against despicable murder-hobo send-ups with unlikely names that sound like they've been picked by really cheesy roleplayers ... like, I don't know, "Marc Lightsparkle" or "Princess-Duchess-Elect Maria Lydia Starbuck Rose," or the obnoxious droids "QT-P0" and "L3-3T."

And then their base ship is ... the Inconceivable.  Then count how many seconds until the first time a player says some variation on, "You keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means."  Bonus points for breaking character by putting on a fake accent.

Seriously, though, I like that "cutter" design, and how the "bridge" extends back like that.  Are those docking rings on the back section?  I wonder how large that model would be in "epic" scale.

• oneway likes this

#889 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Now I want to run an Edge of the Empire / "Age of EMPIRE" campaign where the PCs are all Imperials, after the fashion of "Troops" or "Imps." As in, they're up against generally lawless scum, and occasionally stumbling across domestic incidents rather than serving under a cackling, gleefully-evil Sith type and having to commit casual genocide or whatnot, and their run-ins with the occasional Rebels (or "Rebel wannabes") would be against despicable murder-hobo send-ups with unlikely names that sound like they've been picked by really cheesy roleplayers ... like, I don't know, "Marc Lightsparkle" or "Princess-Duchess-Elect Maria Lydia Starbuck Rose," or the obnoxious droids "QT-P0" and "L3-3T."

And then their base ship is ... the Inconceivable. Then count how many seconds until the first time a player says some variation on, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Bonus points for breaking character by putting on a fake accent.
Seriously, though, I like that "cutter" design, and how the "bridge" extends back like that. Are those docking rings on the back section? I wonder how large that model would be in "epic" scale.

I would love to get in a game loosely based on the IMPS vids.. lol...
I think you're right about the Docking rings.. that ship looks like it would be a good scale for the 270 or 400 scale..

Small compliment of TIEs and a couple drop ships, some AT-STs... could be a hoot to get that on the table and RP out a session..

Edited by oneway, 03 September 2014 - 12:36 PM.

• Joe Boss Red Seven and Jordan Peacock like this

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#890 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

To further spur Imperial huge ship talk, here's a cutter-class vessel, the Intractible.

cutter2.jpg

More photos here: http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=20022

That one i want that one!

• Joe Boss Red Seven and Jordan Peacock like this

#891 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Cool. I could go with that for an imp huge.

Edited by Forgottenlore, 03 September 2014 - 12:38 PM.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#892 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Now I want to run an Edge of the Empire / "Age of EMPIRE" campaign where the PCs are all Imperials, after the fashion of "Troops" or "Imps." As in, they're up against generally lawless scum, and occasionally stumbling across domestic incidents rather than serving under a cackling, gleefully-evil Sith type and having to commit casual genocide or whatnot, and their run-ins with the occasional Rebels (or "Rebel wannabes") would be against despicable murder-hobo send-ups with unlikely names that sound like they've been picked by really cheesy roleplayers ... like, I don't know, "Marc Lightsparkle" or "Princess-Duchess-Elect Maria Lydia Starbuck Rose," or the obnoxious droids "QT-P0" and "L3-3T."

And then their base ship is ... the Inconceivable. Then count how many seconds until the first time a player says some variation on, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Bonus points for breaking character by putting on a fake accent.
Seriously, though, I like that "cutter" design, and how the "bridge" extends back like that. Are those docking rings on the back section? I wonder how large that model would be in "epic" scale.

I would love to get in a game loosely based on the IMPS vids.. lol...
I think you're right about the Docking rings.. that ship looks like it would be a good scale for the 270 or 400 scale..

Small compliment of TIEs and a couple drop ships, some AT-STs... could be a hoot to get that on the table and RP out a session..

How did you get like this, who done it to yea?

:lol:

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#893 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Cool. I could go with that for an imp huge.

Ditto that!

:D

Notice how it looks a lot like a Vigil?

:P

#894 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

Couldn't help but notice this sliped from page uno, I thus perform threadromancy RISE!

#895 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

You so crazy...

#896 gaerithe

gaerithe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Can't believe I had to actually look for this thread...
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#897 LTJGBeam

LTJGBeam

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

More pictures of the Nebulon B.  This time with the custom stand put together by my friend Silent Jim. The man is a genius when it comes to scratch-building.  The Base is brass rod, wood disks and acrylic sheet.  The attachment points on the model slide into the brass rod for a snug fit.

1926.JPG

1935.JPG

1944.JPG

1945.JPG

More pictures at my blog: http://www.nangiliath.blogspot.com

She is coming along quite nicely, and is large enough for the Rebel Transport to fly under, even with the stand lowered to give her a lower center of gravity, and make her more stable,  I suspect the Tantive IV will fit under as well, but didn't have it with me to confirm.

Edited by LTJGBeam, 07 September 2014 - 12:09 AM.

• Mikael Hasselstein, oneway, Joe Boss Red Seven and 8 others like this

#898 bayruun

bayruun

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

"Lord Vader, the rebels have attacked our secret moon base and stolen the plans for our new fighters, but their hyperdrive was disabled in the assault."
"Very well commander, give them The D"
*cue scene of tie fighters flying in space*

Captain Johnson of the Lancer-class frigate "Biggus Dickus", standing by.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven and Hobojebus like this
"Some goals are so worthy it is glorious even to fail."

#899 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

Absofrickinlutely amazing work with the frigate LTJGBeam.  It looks stunning!

I cant wait to see the corvette scale version - any takers yet mel?

...are those your dice on the floor?

#900 melminiatures

melminiatures

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Nop. Although there are four 1/608 Nebulon B Frigates in the world already :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS