Imperial HUGE Ships...I'm Calling It.

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#21 Corellian Corvette

Corellian Corvette

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Sure when I make huge ship threads, I pour in hours into researching vessels and finding high quality images, and maybe get 17 posts over a week. Apparently all I need is a flashy title, 2 pictures, and a few sentences to become a hit on the forums. What was I thinking!?!
  • J43G3RM31ST3R, Punning Pundit and NobleHawk like this

A-wings, 2 E-Wings, 5 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90

"If everything already comes painted, why do I have an urge to re-paint it all still?"

"Green Squadron Reporting In!"

#22 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Do we need to start a betting pool?
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#23 Jagd

Jagd

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

The lancer would be nice, but it us way too big if I remember correctly. About twice the size of the CR-90...it would be unplayable because of it's size...

#24 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

Tie Fighter is the fer-de-lance of the Empire and there is currently more Interceptor pilot than Tie Fighter. I'm sure they can come up wih something. Also, not every players is interested in Epic play so, by not making it a must buy, you keep those players happy. 

I love that i know what a fer-de-lance is (both meanings) without having to look it up. Thank you, Amazon Trail.

• Red Castle, Revanchist and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

#25 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Those two OP ships are what I've been thinking for a while now as well.

#26 zefig

zefig

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

I agree that the Gozanti is pretty likely based on its appearance in Rebels, and the timeframe for some cross-promotion on that might be right.  The vigil though, as others have said, is kind of out there. 

• RogueLieutenant and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

#27 Inksplat

Inksplat

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

If one of the Imp Huge ships isn't one of the many triangular ships, I'll be shocked.

#28 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Tie Fighter is the fer-de-lance of the Empire and there is currently more Interceptor pilot than Tie Fighter. I'm sure they can come up wih something. Also, not every players is interested in Epic play so, by not making it a must buy, you keep those players happy. 

I love that i know what a fer-de-lance is (both meanings) without having to look it up. Thank you, Amazon Trail.

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

But I wasn't sure if it was known in english or just a french designation.

• JCDisaray, Joe Boss Red Seven, z0m4d and 2 others like this

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#29 Dieter122

Dieter122

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Most likely to fill the iconic role of a V shaped ship.. The Vigil , yes.

What I would personally prefer to see..

Tartan Patrol Cruiser!!!
  • RogueLieutenant, Digitalkiller, Joe Boss Red Seven and 1 other like this

#30 Krynn007

Krynn007

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Well, the base set come with one X-Wing and 2 Tie Fighter. Since the transport come with an X-Wing and the Gozanti is shown with 2 Tie, you just add 1+1. ;P

There's already so many TIE pilots, I don't even know what pilots/abilities they could possibly add.
Maybe a tie advanced. New upgrades /pilots
3 xwing, 2 awings, 2 bwings,1 ywing, 1 Falcon, 1hwk, 1 ewing, 2 z95, 1 GR-75 medium transport, 1 CR90 Corvette ,4 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, 1 imperial aces, 2 bombers, 1 tie adv, 1 shuttle, 1 Firespray, 2 phantom, 1 tie defender

#31 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

Sure when I make huge ship threads, I pour in hours into researching vessels and finding high quality images, and maybe get 17 posts over a week. Apparently all I need is a flashy title, 2 pictures, and a few sentences to become a hit on the forums. What was I thinking!?!

I have been researching this for a year.

:P

• Corellian Corvette likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#32 Punning Pundit

Punning Pundit

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

The lancer would be nice, but it us way too big if I remember correctly. About twice the size of the CR-90...it would be unplayable because of it's size...

The Huge ships are on a relative scale, not an absolute scale. So it would be possible to have it be roughly the same size as the CR-90.

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

#33 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Look at Bolda's and MF'ers Huge Impie ships, they are about right for our Epic Games.

I am going to get my wretched self back to work on mine too, but not until I see what our bad ass FFG boys are doing this year.

:ph34r:

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#34 perniciousducks

perniciousducks

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

They could pack the gozanti with bombers with gamma stripes
Collection
Rebel Scum: 7x X-Wing 6x Y-Wing 5x A-Wing 3x YT-1300 4x B-Wing 6x HWK-290 3x GR-75 Transport 1x Corellian Corvette 8x Z-95 Headhunter 3x E-Wing

Imperial Heroes: 8x TIE Fighter 4x TIE Advanced 13x TIE Interceptor 3x Firespray-31 6x TIE Bomber 4x Lambda Shuttle 3x TIE Defender 4x TIE Phantom

#35 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

I don't mind what they give us but to appease the star destroyer and needs to be iconic fan base what ever it is has to be triangle shaped.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven and J43G3RM31ST3R like this

Rebel Fleet- 5 X-wings, 3 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 2 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle

#36 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

I'd say both Vigil and Gozanti are pretty good guesses for the reason no one mentioned yet - they're both featured in Age of Rebellion beta :P

• Inksplat, Joe Boss Red Seven and catachan23 like this

May my blade be sharp. May I sculpt a new fate for my enemies.

#37 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:43 AM

Well, the base set come with one X-Wing and 2 Tie Fighter. Since the transport come with an X-Wing and the Gozanti is shown with 2 Tie, you just add 1+1. ;P

There's already so many TIE pilots, I don't even know what pilots/abilities they could possibly add.
Maybe a tie advanced. New upgrades /pilots

Probably this, with an x2 title that addresses the Advanced's shortcomings.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 15 June 2014 - 03:44 AM.

It's not easy being green.

#38 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Calling it myself:

Imperial GR-75 Equivalent:

500px-BFF1BulkFreighter-TCG.jpg

Meet the BFF-1 Bulk Freighter, a stalwart of the Imperial supply lines and target of opportunity for X-Wing (video game) players everywhere.

See those 4 Class-A Cargo Containers it's carrying?  They will be detachable, and mountable on  individual flight stands to use as obstacles / objectives / whatever...

And the CR-90 equivalent?

D_Nebulon-B1.jpg

Oh yes.  You know it.

• JCDisaray, Araquay, Joe Boss Red Seven and 1 other like this

EPIC BREAKFAST:  2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 fried bread, 2 toast, 1 black pudding, 1 fried tomato, 67 baked beans, 6 mushrooms, sprig of parsley, 1 black coffee (pot)

#39 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:53 AM

Calling it myself:

Imperial GR-75 Equivalent:

500px-BFF1BulkFreighter-TCG.jpg

Meet the BFF-1 Bulk Freighter, a stalwart of the Imperial supply lines and target of opportunity for X-Wing (video game) players everywhere.

See those 4 Class-A Cargo Containers it's carrying?  They will be detachable, and mountable on  individual flight stands to use as obstacles / objectives / whatever...

And the CR-90 equivalent?

D_Nebulon-B1.jpg

Oh yes.  You know it.

Scram you hijacker scum!

:P

Yeah we all know FFG are sooo going to do us up a nice Nebbie...but we are talking about The All Mighty and Glorious Galactic Empire right now.

:)

The Rebel Scum have enough damn new goodies for the rest of the year!

:ph34r:

#40 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Well the neb b is an imperial ship, the rebels got them when people defected to their side.

So you could release it with crew for both factions.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS